The big bad plateau

Options
Help guys! So I've been trying to lose my last 4 pounds, and they are so stubborn! I've been stuck at 134 pounds for almost three weeks. I eat around 1300 calories per day, play tennis for an hour and a half, and started the Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 DVD last week and have do it every day. I tried to increase my calories but nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    The numbers set by MFP are often too low, especially if you do not eat your exercise calories back. This is because the deficit you asked for is factored in whether it is healthy or not, as MFP isn't a person and doesn't 'care' and because if you set your activity level to anything below what it truly is (i.e. picking Sedentary when you workout 3-5 times a week) you are supposed to eat your exercise calories back.

First of all, make use of the calculator here;
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

and find your Bodyfat %. With that number, you can move on to;
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

which will calculate your BMR and give you a breakdown of different calorie levels you should be eating at for you to lose weight at a healthy pace, based on your estimated TDEE.

Bear in mind that your body will take a couple of weeks to adjust to an increased caloric load and some water weight may be held, but after that you will see weightloss at a steady and consistent rate.
  • cspinato
    cspinato Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would also try to change up your workouts a bit....I had been on a plateau for a long long time. I first started my fitness pal to try to figure out what I was doing wrong. That has helped because I truly see what my workouts do for me and in fact was probably not eating enough. I also recently added in more interval training, just on my treadmill...alternating walking at 4mph for 1 minute, running for 2 minutes, then walking again for a minute at 3mph. I have finally started to see the scale go in the right direction!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! I will try all of your suggestions :)