Thigh fat?

Options
Hey guys! Gimmie some good ideas on how to loose my thigh fat!!! Lol I hate it so much! It's my weakness!

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can not pick where your body loses weight. My thighs are the last place to go as well. Just keep at it. Maintain a small to moderate calorie deficit. Strength train including the big lifts like squats and deadlifts. Throw in some cardio too. Eventually the fat will start coming off and if you keep at it long enough, it should start coming off your thighs too.
  • TLynn71
    TLynn71 Posts: 6
    Options
    Good question!!! -got fat thighs myself, UGH! -- anybody out there have good results from any certain exercise?
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    Eat less. Lift heavy.
  • Heatherdb7863
    Options
    I do a lot of walking and running and stair climbing. I heard that lunges help a lot. I might try doing a set of those everyday!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Running might help tone them. I know my lower half looks infinitely better every time I start up running again.
  • Heatherdb7863
    Options
    I need to start running again. I really do.
  • cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Options
    Like someone else said - you can't get rid of fat in particular areas - you just have to lower your overall body fat. Unfortunately wherever it's hardest to lose fat is going to be the last place to go. You're not alone - thighs are a problem area for many women.

My suggestion is lift heavy, eat clean, and watch your sugar intake. Sugar is a major culprit for retaining unwanted fat!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Ugh! My nemisis too. You will lose fat wherever your body decides to, it's genetics For me it's upper body first, then finally lower body.

All you can do is lose weight, exercise, & hope for the best. No guarantees.

If you like calisthenic type exercises :lunges & squats are good.

If this sounds boring - barre exercises (think ballet) are very popular right now.
  • Heatherdb7863
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've got my goals set high. i want to loose as much as I can before I go to the beach!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ebonyrose316266
    ebonyrose316266 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    walk or run/jog on flat surface no hills/incline
    jump rope or jumping jacks in you can

don't listen to these skinny girls telling you to lift heavy weights...all that's gonna do is build up your quadriceps making them look even bigger. try to lose some of the fat first then lift to tone or whatever.
    Good Luck!
  • Heatherdb7863
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My thighs are my worst area by far! I agee lift heavy! Its the only way ive ever gotten mine skinny in my life! Women do not bulk like men..... If u worry add some more thigh stretches st the end of your workout... Or incorporste callenetics, bsrre method or yoga 3-4 times a week :-) good luck you can do it!