looking for a pizza recipe

Options
I'm going shopping tomorrow and would love homemade pizza recipes!! Please help!!

Replies

• najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    bump! i would like some ideas too
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    We just take a whole wheat crust, put some pizza sauce on it, throw some low fat cheese and pineapple! The kids like it simple. They even like the whole wheat crust! I load mine with veggies and chicken! My absolute fav is roma tomato slices, spinach and chicken! yum!
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    FlatOut Light flatbread for the crust
    A couple of tablespoons of your favorite spaghetti sauce
    Your favorite toppings... I like deli ham and turkey pepperoni, sliced mushrooms, baby spinach, etc.
    1/4 cup plus a couple tablespoons finely shredded pizza cheese

Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes... yum!!!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Here's what I do:
    1 flatbread (I use flatout italian spices-90 cals)
    1/2 can hunts fire roasted diced tomatoes, blended (I just blend the whole can and keep it in a little container for later)
    light mozzarella cheese
    Spinach
    Shreaded chicken

I spread the sauce on the flat bread, cover with spinach, chicken and mozzarella.....It comes out to anywhere between 250 and 350 calories for one flatbread...and of course you can put your own toppings on it. Then I put it in a pan, lightly sprayed with cooking spray. I then use aluminum foil to cover and cook it until the cheese is melted and the flatbread is lightly crispy
  • jeniride5
    Options
    My favorite, easy way to make pizza's is to get Greek Pita flat bread, put it in the oven for 5 minutes with nothing on it at 400 degrees. Take it out and put whatever toppings you want on it. My favorite is to put a little bit of ranch dressing on as the sauce and chicken, veggies, a little bit of cheese and a little bit of Frank's hot sauce. You get the buffalo wing flavor. When I pull it out of the oven I put shredded lettuce on it and fresh cilantro. It's way good. I am doing a low carb diet and these fit right in with that diet.
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    GREEK PIZZA! Spinach, feta cheese, black olives, red onion. Sometimes, I just wipe my pizza dough with a little extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle it with red pepper flakes. Mmm!
  • pokeelyy
    pokeelyy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Best EXREMLY low calorie and low carb pizza! Made from cauliflower, cheese, and a few other things. That's it! I can vouch for it, it's absolutly AMAZING tasting!!!

http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I made homemade pizza bagels tonight - they were AWESOME and calorie budget friendly...

1 Thomas' mini bagel - plain - lightly toasted = 120 calories
    1/4 cup of Prego - Light Traditional - warmed in microwave for about 30 seconds = 25 calories
    .5 (half an ounce) of Boar's Head Low Sodium Lacey Swiss (about 3/4 of a thin slice) - tear into small pieces = 45 calories
    .5 (half an ounce) of Boar's Head Low Sodium Provolone (about 3/4 of a slice) - tear into small pieces = 50 calories

Spread sauce on toasted bagel, top with the mixed cheese mixture, broil for a few minutes until the cheese melts - enjoy.

Took about 5 minutes to make, 4 minutes to broil.

All together it was 240 calories. Carbs = 32, Fat = 8, Protein = 14, Sodium = 532
  • egates1984
    egates1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Those Arnold Artisan Flatbreads make a good crust too. And makes it easy to keep it single serving. I like it with sauce (usually Ragu pizza sauce- great flavor!) ham and pineapple. Yummm!
  • hastings10
    hastings10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i use whole wheat or any type of tortillas, it sounds weird but it is really good and can put pretty much any topping. use pizza stone or something that will cook bottom to make crispy.
  • Luvbutterflies
    Options
    Peanut Butter Pizza ** The girls at work swear by this pizza saying it delicious but I haven't had a chance to try it

http://thebikinibaker.blogspot.ca/2011/09/peanut-butter-pizzawhy-not.html

also like a veggie pizza on pita.. i used low fat cream of mushroom soup for the base and any kind of veggie you like.. i usally put steamed broccoli and cauliflower spinach, red onion, mushroom and grated carrots.. and some crumbled feta on top

Chicken BBQ pita pizza.. base is mix of pizza sauce an bbq (sorry I don't know the exact measurement) spinach ,cooked chicken breast and all the veggie you want ...
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Chipotle chicken pizza! Throw a chipotle in adobo sauce in a blender and add to your pizza sauce. I like to top with grilled chicken, pineapple, red onions, bell pepper, and jalapeños. Lol, I love my peppers :blushing:
  • mgsamuel
    mgsamuel Posts: 9
    Options
    "Cook Yourself Thin" has an absolutely AMAZING pizza recipe using chicken basil sausage.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes/ultimate-sausage-cheese-pizza

Check it out!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    bump i love pizza
  • Baloo
    Baloo Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have never tried to make a crust out of a tortilla but pitas and flatouts work great!
  • JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Meganalva
    Meganalva Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Best EXREMLY low calorie and low carb pizza! Made from cauliflower, cheese, and a few other things. That's it! I can vouch for it, it's absolutly AMAZING tasting!!!

http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

So how many calories is it?
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I use Trader Joe's frozen Naan bread for my crust. I then add desired toppings. Since I don't put meat on my pizza I allow myself a little extra cheese. It's portion contol and I feel like I am getting pizza without the guilt.

Frozen Naan bread
    pizza sauce
    vegetables
    pizza cheese

depending on amounts I can get a whole pizza for less than 400 calories..it is VERY filling too
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    hungry girl.com has a few pizza idea and they are really good
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Pizza Crust
    1 Normal Crust (9x12) or 2 Thin Crust

2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
    1 cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour
    2 Tbl Olive Oil
    2 Tbl Parmesan Cheese, grated
    1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasonings
    1 tsp Sugar
    1 tsp Salt
    2 1/2 tsp Yeast
    1 cup Warm Water

In a mixer combine all ingredients. Let knead 5-8 minutes. Remove dough hook, cover and let rise 30 minutes. (Divide dough if making two thin crust pizzas.) Spread dough on a greased baking sheet. Top with desired pizza toppings and bake for 18 to 20 minutes at 400° F.

Thin Crust Hawaiian Pizza
    1 Thin Crust Pizza Dough
    ½ cup Barbecue Sauce
    2 tsp Hot Sauce
    1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
    ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
    1 cup Pineapple Chunks
    1 cup Ham, diced
    ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced

Roll the dough out onto a greased pizza pan or cookie sheet. Mix the barbecue sauce and hot sauce and spread on the dough. Top with cheeses, pineapple, ham and onion. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is browned.

Thin Crust Veggie Delight Pizza
    1 Thin Crust Pizza Dough
    ½ cup Pesto
    1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
    1 cup Spinach
    ½ Bell Pepper, diced
    1 large Tomato, diced
    ½ Zucchini, thinly sliced
    2 Mushrooms, thinly sliced
    ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced
    1 cup Cabbage, shredded (purple and green)

Roll the dough out onto a greased pizza pan or cookie sheet. Mix the ranch and pesto and spread on the dough. Top with cheese, spinach, bell pepper, tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, and onion. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is browned.

BBQ Chicken Pizza
    ¼ Red Onion, sliced thin
    1 Chicken Breast, cooked, shredded or cubed
    1/3 cup Barbecue Sauce
    2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
    ½ cup Cilantro, chopped
    1 cup Spinach, chopped

Roll the dough out onto a greased pizza pan or cookie sheet. Spread barbecue sauce on the pizza dough. Layer with cheese, onion, chicken, cilantro, and spinach. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is browned.

hawaiianpizza.jpg

loadedveggiepizza.jpg

bbqchickenpizza.jpg