New and looking for friends

Options
Hi! My name is Dylan and I just joined a couple weeks ago. I'm looking to lose what I've gained in the past year and a little more. I would like to make friends to support me, and for me to support. I'm taking a really good nutrition class, so while I'm no expert, I can probably help you with the basics of food and nutrition. I've decided to try and be active with this website and its community because I believe it's more helpful and more effective in weight loss to be a part of a supportive network.

Replies

• SewManyBlessing47
    SewManyBlessing47 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Mary. Welcome to MFP. You can add to as a friend. Love to help and be supported. Also can learn a lot from you. Forward to chatting.
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hey Dylan,

Welcome... think you'll find lots of support here!!!!

If I can do you... you can do it!!!!

Friend me if you like... I have kids your age!!!! lol!!!!

L
  • DylanEvans1
    Options
    Hi to both of you! I'm so glad you responded, I was kind of worried nobody would. :) I'm glad I decided to actively use this forum, rather than just use the app on my phone as a calorie counter. I have a feeling I will be more successful now that I know people will be able to see what I'm eating and how well I'm following my guidelines.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dylan. Glad you found MFP. I have been on here for a few months and I learn something new every day. I am also fascinated by food and nutrition.
  • khodir
    khodir Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this site too and need some friends and motivation. It's hard to lose weight but I'm dead set on doing it.
  • DylanEvans1
    Options
    Good for you, khodir! It really is difficult to lose weight. It takes a lot of dedication, especially at first when it seems like nothing you're "allowed" to eat tastes good and everything that tastes good is so fattening. I'm just getting out of that stage, so I'm finding delicious diet-friendly foods, but I still get cravings for fattening foods from time to time as well. Good luck to everyone!
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!

The first stages are always the toughest but once you get past that it's smoother sailing. Stick with it and good things will happen. You'll get great support on this site as well.

Good luck all!