Battling my minds hunger pains

Options
Just started deiting a mounth ago ,and finging it very hard! my first mounth was a brezze and thats just because i was on an hunger supressant ! but, i have decided to try it natural just for heath reasons but this is proving to be harder than expected! my first mounth i sucessfuly lost 30 pounds but this mounth ive sucessfully gained ten pounds back because am off the meds and my will power is weak! Really struggling am 22 and weight .........288 pounds! I was 308 a mounth ago so ill say thats an improvement but i cant lie i keep going to bed hoping to wake up skinny :( No luck yet! I deseperately need people in the same boat to talk to because i honestly feel like am along in this overweight world of mine.

Replies

• tantrum69
    tantrum69 Posts: 16
    Options
    Just started deiting a mounth ago ,and finging it very hard! my first mounth was a brezze and thats just because i was on an hunger supressant ! but, i have decided to try it natural just for heath reasons but this is proving to be harder than expected! my first mounth i sucessfuly lost 30 pounds but this mounth ive sucessfully gained ten pounds back because am off the meds and my will power is weak! Really struggling am 22 and weight .........288 pounds! I was 308 a mounth ago so ill say thats an improvement but i cant lie i keep going to bed hoping to wake up skinny :( No luck yet! I deseperately need people in the same boat to talk to because i honestly feel like am along in this overweight world of mine.
    Changing your diet is going to be the single hardest thing you will do on your weight loss journey. i used to sit down and eat an entire bag of chips-ahoy cookies as an after dinner treat. A couple of ultimate cheeseburgers and a shake for lunch. I'm surprised I only hit 300 lbs honestly. I used to try the crash diets, Atkins, etc and had great 'short term' results and rebounded and then some. I finally decided to change. My first goal was to actually eat breakfast. I used to never eat breakfast, but i'd kill it at lunch. An odd thing happened, I wasn't as hungry at lunch time. I then decided I was going to eat between 6-7 meals a day. 3 squares and some snacks in between.

I also started introducing little changes into the things i was eating. For example, my sandwich's used to look something like this. Best foods mayo, 3 slices of cheese, about 4 slices of ham and wheat bread. My first chang was going from regular mayo to mayo made with olive oil. I then started reducing the number of slices of cheese from 3-1. I then switched from regular to light cheese. I reduced the mayo even more by going for spicy mustard and then changed the bread to a whole grain. For cookies I just gave myself 5 a night, then 4, then 3. Small changes like this, over the course of say 3-4 weeks. I started seeing some results then it got easier to opt out of the occassional cookies - so then it was only 2-3 days aweek i'd have a couple. Now I have none and don't care. They simply don't enter the house. A banana and water is great for the sweet craving btw.

Watch out for canned foods and packaged foods (lunch meats, frozen meals) - they are SUPER high in sodium to act as a preservative. Also, cut back on alcohol. A clean liver will help process the garbage out of your system.

Another piece of advice - find out what your calorie and macronutrient needs are - plenty of calculators to figure it out. Adhere to those and you'll see the pounds start to peel off.

And as I always say - sleep more, drink more water.