Any raw vegans here, or juicers?

Options
I started juicing and eating raw fruits and veggies on jan 3. I've lost so much weight and inches and feel wonderful! Just wondering if there are any raw vegans on here?

Replies

• sherryberry07
    Options
    Bump :-) I've started doing this a bit myself. I'd love recipes, tips, etc
  • 1rayhamilton
    Options
    I'm vegan
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I like to juice but I don't think I could ever do the whole raw food thing. Go you, though! I imagine you'd feel awesome =)
  • rwa3457986
    Options
    I just keep it simple, lots of fruit juices, fruit and salads. I know there are alot of raw recipes out there, but right now, keeping it simply fruits and veggies works for me. I'm not bored with it yet :)
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am not actually vegan or even vegetarian, but I eat vegan or ovo-lacto vegetarian at least once a week. Sometimes that's raw, other times it's not. I actually had raw zucchini linguine with red chili tahini sauce for dinner tonight. We juice at home also. We have the Champion juice extractor for just juice, then I use the Vitamix for whole fruit/veggie juices (with the fiber). I love them both for different reasons. The only reason I don't juice more often is that it can be time consuming and actually it sometimes comes out cheaper for me to go to Whole Foods and have them make my juice. I'm a carnivore for sure, but there's no doubt that I have more energy and feel better on my vegan/vegetarian days!
  • Naturalgal4u
    Options
    I'm like slow turtle. I am not a vegan but I consume everything organic and I try to outweigh my meals with more veggies and fruits than anything. I do occassionally eat organic chicken, turkey or wild caught fish but that is it. I go days without eating meat and when I do consume chicken or turkey, I only have it for one meal in a day so if I have organic turkey bacon for breakfast, I won't have any turkey, chicken or fish with any other meal. I do juice and make fresh fruit/veggie smoothies. I make a lot veggie dishes either raw, steamed, or lightly sauteed. I try to make sure that when I do steam my veggies such as brocolli, I do it just enough so that it is not too tough but still has the crunch factor and bright green color. I try to get more of the nutrients I need from veggies and fruits than anything. I recently switched from cow's milk to coconut milk and I drink a lot of distilled water with lemons in it. I hope to one day become a vegetarian and then a vegan but right now I am just not mentally there yet so until then, I just try to buy the best quality organic chicken and turkey that I can with my cart filled with more veggies and fresh fruit than anything!! I must say though I do love juicing.... It's a bit time consuming, but it's the best!!!