Hey guys.I amso very excited about this! :D

Options
Alrighty,first off im a noob here.Only to the sight not weight loss.
When i was a child i was always over weight.
Freshmen year of highschool i was about the mid 190's.
That is untill i started band.That got me out of the house and moving.
After my 1st and second years went by i had lost 20 pounds.
my junior and senior years i joined Tennis and swimming and was walking too and from school almost all of the time.I cut out fried foods and stopped drinking soda.I even stopped craving and eating alot of sweets.After that i went down to to 135.
After high school it all kinda went down hill. :/
I moved in with a friend.Started bad eating habits and was constantly playing video games and online. After 3 or 4 months of sitting around
i started conditioning for the local collage tennis team which had me out running and playing for 4 or 5 hours at a time. this was for a few months..My weight never went down and that was rather upsetting .Once i found out i didnt have enough units to be on the team i stopped going all together. :/
I have become rather depressed and disgusted with myself.its very frustrating.
ive recently picked up a second job so im busy alot and dont find much time for "being healthy" but id really like to try .Ive done it once before ...it just seemed so effortless then. :/ i could really use some support!

Replies

• DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hiya

welcome to the site you will find loads of hints & tips along the way, it's a great community. Make sure you have a read of the other forums

Feel free to add me if you like but most of all good luck with your journey :-)

:flowerforyou:
  • sammywil
    sammywil Posts: 104
    Options
    Have sent you a request!

Its always good to have a good network of support through this journey :)
  • styxx
    styxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I have only been here a couple of months (or rather I have only been USING the site for a couple of months) hope you find it as uselful as I do. Just logging what eat and knowing what I should be eating - along with being able to easily see how much excersise I need to take for "earn" enouch calories for a treat has really helped me. (dropped 10lb last month - less this month but its still a drop !) hopefully it will you and if you have a smartphone so you can use the app to log snacks and drinks when your out and about before you "forget" about them better still. Feel free to add me if you want some support :)
  • imacocobo
    Options
    Hi everyone! :D its so amazing to see so many encouraging responses thus far!
    i am very excited to aid and receive aid from all of you here!
    It sure sounds like this is the place to be, :3
    Your guises progress i see so far is absolutely remarkable!
  • jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    welcome :))
  • azjlmar123
    azjlmar123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I use the ap on my smartphone a lot! When i go to a restaurant, i usually check to see what the nutrition info is on MFP before i order anything. It really makes me think of what to eat and what NOT to eat when dining out. I think my kids think im addicted to the ap! LOL
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hey Welcome to MFP!! With that attitude I reckon you're going to have a whale of a time here :-D I've been here since Jan and I have to warn you....it's a bit addictive ;)

I have a great group of friends but always looking for new, active people who actually want to change - I keep having to prune off the people who just seem to want to play pokemon ;) ! Feel free to add me :)

Ooooh, and what video games btw? ;)
  • imacocobo
    Options
    Thank you somuch for the welcomes guys! X3
    i feel the love already man!
    ADDICTIVE IS WHAT I NEED! :D
    im looking for something that is more addictive than waiting around for a homestuck update. XD
    Games lets see.
    Gears of war 1 and 3 2 kinda sucked.
    silent hill
    res evil
    heavy rain
    halo
    Minecraft
    dwarf fortress
    terraria
    Zelda.
    and what ever keeps my attention. XD
  • xxxAimeeHxxx
    xxxAimeeHxxx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    HI, Feel free to add me!
    Iv only been here since Jan16th and iv already lost 11.7lbs and its all cause of the support and freedom this site gives you.
    There are some amazing people on this site that really make you feel good and believe in yourself.
    I used to be scare dof the gym and hate going (never go) but now altho i go at night when its pretty quiet i am going almost every day.
    I hope this site will give you as much confidance and sefl belife its given me.
    Like i say feel free to add me. ill support where i can
    xxxx
    Good luck on your journy! xx
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! :flowerforyou: It can be so frustrating trying to lose weight and as you said it seems so effortless when we remember previous attempts but i definitely think it all boils down to frame of mind. Just relax and think about what you are going to eat and how you can fit in some exercise. Take it slow and change small things so it doesn't seem so daunting. You'll ease back into it no probs. I've just sent you a friend request so you can update me on ur progress. Good luck!!!! :drinker:
  • kells1970
    kells1970 Posts: 29
    Options
    Welcome. You will love this site. I only started last week and had my first WI this morning and i lost 3lb. I love filling in my food and exercise record everyday. It really keeps me motivated especially with my exercise. Love going for a run and filling in my exercise tracker just to see how many calories i have burnt.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    im looking for something that is more addictive than waiting around for a homestuck update. XD
    Games lets see.
    silent hill
    res evil
    heavy rain
    halo
    Minecraft
    dwarf fortress
    terraria
    Zelda.

Haha, minecraft!! I've been meaning to try that! I'm a WoWer personally, although....thinking of moving on....you know anything about SW:ToR?

Love Zelda!!

And yeah, totally addicitve xD I should actually be working at the moment..... but I'd rather be running (whatthe hell is happening to me) so as a compromise I'm neither working, nor running, but haunting the forums and blogs here ;)
  • imacocobo
    Options
    Games lets see.
    silent hill
    res evil
    heavy rain
    halo
    Minecraft
    dwarf fortress
    terraria
    Zelda.

Haha, minecraft!! I've been meaning to try that! I'm a WoWer personally, although....thinking of moving on....you know anything about SW:ToR?

Love Zelda!!

And yeah, totally addicitve xD I should actually be working at the moment..... but I'd rather be running (whatthe hell is happening to me) so as a compromise I'm neither working, nor running, but haunting the forums and blogs here ;)

Wow was fun when it didnt cost an arm and a leg! XD
    I hear its over crowded and full of trolls who just wanna jank stuff up.
    Basically like 4chan got ahold of it and now they have taken over. lol
    speaking of...i do like to play LOL as well. haha.

im hoping i dont becoming counter productive by doing that very thing. :p
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I try to be motivating and return have been motivated by others on MFP as well. Good luck w/ your weightloss journey hope we both have successes.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Games lets see.
    silent hill
    res evil
    heavy rain
    halo
    Minecraft
    dwarf fortress
    terraria
    Zelda.

Love Zelda!!

Haha, there are indeed many trolls - but then again, I've made a load of new friends recently on there. Decent people are stil coming on to play! Just about findnig them ;) and yeah, Blizz are total money *kitten* now ;)

LoL - people keep talking about that but i've not tried it! Any good?
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You CAN do this. I've only been on a few weeks and it's amazing how supportive everyone is.
  • imacocobo
    Options
    Games lets see.
    silent hill
    res evil
    heavy rain
    halo
    Minecraft
    dwarf fortress
    terraria
    Zelda.

Love Zelda!!

Haha, there are indeed many trolls - but then again, I've made a load of new friends recently on there. Decent people are stil coming on to play! Just about findnig them ;) and yeah, Blizz are total money *kitten* now ;)

LoL - people keep talking about that but i've not tried it! Any good?
    It is Ridiculously fun once you get a hang of it!
    They even come out with a new character/skins every month!<