Feel sooooo GUILTY!!!!! :'(

Options
Basically I have ate a snickers duo -_- I haven't gone over my daily calories and still have some remaining. The snickers added up to have 488 cals :( should I be worried for me next weeks weigh in?? Xxx

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Nooooo ... especially when you haven't gone over your daily calories! Obviously you shouldn't make a habit of doing that but once in a while is no problem! Just eat something healthy now with your remaining calories :P
  • StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Unless you go over your calories consistantly, you won't get fat. You have some remaining - eat them if you have enough time left before bed. A Snickers isn't the end of the world, unless you're planning to binge on them for the next week, you have nothing to be guilty of.
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Please don't feel guilty, especially if you are still under your calorie goal. That kind of reaction can set you up for failure. If you feel like you can never have anything you enjoy, it makes the changes to your eating habits harder to maintain.
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty we all sneak something in once in a while, just carry on per usual and you'll be ok!
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    There is no room for guilt in a healthy eating plan/lifestyle change. Everything in moderation. As long as you are making healthy choices most of the time, one snickers is not going to ruin all your new healthy habits!
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Keep Calm and Carry On!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    For eating a snickers? No?
  • msbellzee
    msbellzee Posts: 69
    Options
    Don't worry, I ate a gaint cookie triple fudge cookie from the coffee guy this mornig, still under my cals, but I've been thinking about that stupid cookie all day long. I think sometimes we are just to hard on ourselves. And that cookie was 305 caloires :grumble:
  • Snikkee
    Snikkee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Here is the thing.... It is OK that you ate that snickers! Do not feel guilty! Are you going to never eat junk food again for the rest of your life? no, it is not realistic.. not for anyone! ( maybe jillian micheals.. but she is insane ) think of you in a box. in your box is the healthy you, outside your box is the evil junk. it is ok to step outside that box, but in moderation. Eat one candy bar, not 2 not 3 .. just one. Then get back inside your box and continue your day / week on the healthy side. I include junk food in my diet. I really do. Last week I lost 5 lbs. the week before that I lost 4 lbs. It is all about calories in and calories out! Make sure you get in some extra exersice as well because that snickers had some extra fat calories in it. It takes 45 minutes of cardio before your body starts to burn the fat calories. So again it is ok to eat junk every once in a while. just dont over do it, and add in an extra exersice. you have to work for your junk food.
  • sondyscraps
    sondyscraps Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    don't worry!! It will be okay. You haven't gone over your calorie goal and you can't cut things like this out of your life forever its just taking it from a habitual thing to making it be something that is only sometimes. You shouldn't have to worry about your weigh in. This system puts you well under what you would need to eat to maintain weight so finish out your day strong and start a brand new day tomorrow :) chin up :)
  • Samia22
    Samia22 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks for all the reply guys, I feel so much better, where would I be without this community *hugs* xxx
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty as that always leads to more snacking - for me anyway.
    Just got to make sure when you snack that it is worth the calories. I like snickers but nothing worse than snacking on something only to find you really didn't enjoy it and it wasn't worth the calories. Hate that.
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry at all. Don't deprive yourself. You ate it, you enjoyed it AND you stayed under your calorie goal...instead of guilt...feel proud!
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Samiaa I thought you had a massive reefer your were lighting in your photo until i enlarged it!! haha

Hope you enjoyed the snickers!
  • Samia22
    Samia22 Posts: 25
    Options
    Samiaa I thought you had a massive reefer your were lighting in your photo until i enlarged it!! haha

Hope you enjoyed the snickers!

Hahahahahhahhahahahahahaah!!!
    Yeah I felt great eating as Snickers is my fave chocolate! Xxx
  • KristieWade
    Options
    For every goal one there must be a reward. This is a true concept. So there is no need to feel guilty. We all HAVE to reward ourselves everyonce in a while, or we'd never feel like continuing. My husband rewarded me on my first 10 lbs lost by taking me to my favorite resturant. Resturants are NEVER low in calories or fat contents and I didn't stay under my calorie goal that day, but it was a reward and I had no reason to feel guilty about it...so I didn't. You stayed under you calorie limit! I know I couldn't do that with a Snickers...(My favorite candy bar). If you have a problem with feeling guilty about it try setting that candy bar as a reward instead of an indulgence. For instance, if you loose so many pounds toward your goal, your reward is the snickers bar. The main thing is NEVER overdo it with the candy bar. I agree with the person that mentioned Moderation.