going for sushi!!!

Options
what should i get with out going over..i have 1300 calories left.....please help!!!!

Replies

• GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    Similar thread here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/59688-sushi

But I'm thinkin at 1300 calories you'd have to eat a LOT of sushi.
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    1300?! Damn, GO FOR BROKE!

But I ascribe to healthful eating, so I'm not going to say "If you've ever wanted to try a Philly Roll.."

Just savor the fish. Seriously. I HATE it when Americans just gobble down sushi. Why is traditional sushi so simple? The fish's delicate flavors are meant to be savored!

Take your time. Stick to rolls that have less random crap in them like mayo or cream cheese. Avoid tempura (fried). Eat until full, not stuffed.

And start with some yummy miso soup!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I always go for the Yellow tail, the brown eel, the octopus and the Crab roll. I prefer to order the
    Sashimi ( fish without rice balls) to keep the carbs down after the first 6 or 8 pieces! But simple items without the creamcheese, sauces and sugary coatings are the best. The soy sauce and Wasabi mixed together make a great dipping sauce, just easy on the wasabi, it is hot! count each piece of fish as one ounce, easier too calculate later!
  • coolviolet73
    Options
    This link shows the calorie content in most types of sushi :-). http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-calories.htm. Have a great time!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    aprox 300 calories for 8 california rolls! mmmmmmMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm my favorite!:wink:
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This link shows the calorie content in most types of sushi :-). http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-calories.htm. Have a great time!

great web site thank you and i stay with the rolls...tuna rolls are the best :bigsmile:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    umm i perfer the sushi with the marinated beef, pickled daikon, scrambled egg, carrot, and rice ymmmmm *not big into raw fish*
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    umm i perfer the sushi with the marinated beef, pickled daikon, scrambled egg, carrot, and rice ymmmmm *not big into raw fish*

whats with all these asians who don't like Raw fish? My wife is the same way. She even uses a fork and spoon at the Japanese Restaraunt we go to......pshhhh, what an amature.
  • hasiangirl
    Options

whats with all these asians who don't like Raw fish? My wife is the same way. She even uses a fork and spoon at the Japanese Restaraunt we go to......pshhhh, what an amature.
    because asians dont consider sushi raw fish...sushi is the type of rice put into the rolls....the raw fish is shashimi *gags* :sick:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options

because asians dont consider sushi raw fish...sushi is the type of rice put into the rolls....the raw fish is shashimi *gags* :sick:

whoa whoa whoa, I know your not trying to school me on what sushi is and isn't. Your talking to the Shashimi MASTER.

No my wife doesn't like ANYTHING with raw fish. LAME!!
  • hasiangirl
    Options

whoa whoa whoa, I know your not trying to school me on what sushi is and isn't. Your talking to the Shashimi MASTER.

No my wife doesn't like ANYTHING with raw fish. LAME!!
    lol ok mister shashimi MASTER *bows before u* :laugh: :laugh: and your wife is soooo RIGHT!! haha we have fire now.....not to mention stoves, there is no reason to eat fish raw *gags again* :laugh: :laugh:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a Japanese guy that would bring huge, beautiful platters of sushi to office parties. But he would never touch the stuff!!! He preferred meat & potatoes! Go figure!! He said it's because he grew up eating so much fish & rice he was sick of it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And Asian people NOT using chopsticks? :noway:

I know Thai people don't use them....... that's always weird to me in a Thai restaurant.
    My best friend (Chinese) and I carry our own in case the restaurant ones are crappy. :wink: :laugh:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    I used to work with a Japanese guy that would bring huge, beautiful platters of sushi to office parties. But he would never touch the stuff!!! He preferred meat & potatoes! Go figure!! He said it's because he grew up eating so much fish & rice he was sick of it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And Asian people NOT using chopsticks? :noway:

I know Thai people don't use them....... that's always weird to me in a Thai restaurant.
    My best friend (Chinese) and I carry our own in case the restaurant ones are crappy. :wink: :laugh:
    lol im not a big fan of fish anymore...but rice is one of my major food groups....:laugh: i need rice to survive I NEED IT...u know how somepeople say they have coke running through their veins...well i have rice running through my veins...for some reason that just doesnt sound healthy :laugh:
  • watermelon854
    Options
    You know...I had the meat and potatoes diet my whole life but one day, a friend of mine told me to try sushi.

Now I can't get enough!

I know a lot of people hate fish (I grew up on the coast so it makes me a bit partial but we don't eat it raw).

I must say that tuna and salmon sushi has a beautiful taste and texture and I wish there were more sushi restaurants around where I live!

I hope you'll enjoy the adventure! :) By the way, wasabi spice will only last a couple seconds in flavor!

S. :bigsmile:
  • llrmax
    llrmax Posts: 9
    Options
    This is ironic as I just went for sushi too! I had a rainbow roll and miso soup - it is delicious and love the fact that I came home to find that here on the community a site was listed with the calorie intake! Yeh!!
  • kaliena22
    Options
    Well my guess is you already went to sushi, LOL I am curious what you ended up eating?
    I love love love white tuna shashimi
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    lol im not a big fan of fish anymore...but rice is one of my major food groups....:laugh: i need rice to survive I NEED IT...u know how somepeople say they have coke running through their veins...well i have rice running through my veins...for some reason that just doesnt sound healthy :laugh:
    [/quote]

After spending so much time with Asian friends, now I NEED rice too!! Ha, Ha.....
    I have switched from white to brown however.... most of the time! :laugh:
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Well my guess is you already went to sushi, LOL I am curious what you ended up eating?
    I love love love white tuna shashimi

i never tried the white tuna..i try to stay with the things that i already had.. love the rolls and some of the shanhimi..my hubbie got me hooked to it..would not try it for years and one day i did and now i love it:bigsmile:
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    Sashimi for the win! :) Also (not to be gross) but I love squid salad :love:
  • kaliena22
    Options
    White tuna has a wonderful texture and an almost creamy taste. It is incredible! :love: Next time you go have your hubby try it first :laugh:

Info from Dailyplate
    "White Tuna Sashimi
    Also known as "Escarole", "White Tuna" sashimi is a white, very oily fish. The flesh is buttery in consistency, much like the prized Toro. A serving of 3 thinly sliced pieces of sashimi should weigh approximately 3 oz.
    Calories 58 Calories from Fat 35
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 3.9g 6%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Sodium 0mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Protein 5.3g 11%

Est. Percent of Calories from:
    Fat 60.5% Carbs 0.0%
    Protein 36.6%