New theory: Always wear VERY tight clothes - squeeze the fat

Options
There is a serious... well, perhaps not all that serious but interesting point here. If I really DO wear very tight clothes on the areas I don't like so much, will they slim down first?? Kind of squeeze the fat out of those cells first..???!

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I want you to be kidding. Please say you are.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I can't even...
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    please be joking :O
  • fmeisele
    fmeisele Posts: 55
    Options
    Isn't that called a girdle? Over here in the states there are alot of REALLY overweight people that subscribe to that theory. I vote that it's just not working.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    yes....no?....is this a test?
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Isn't that called a girdle? Over here in the states there are alot of REALLY overweight people that subscribe to that theory. I vote that it's just not working.

It's like those people that wrap themselves in cling film and think they'll lose weight, when really all they're doing is temporarily dehydrating themselves.
  • fmeisele
    Options
    Well over here I think these people actually think they look good in the tight clothes, rather than thinking they'll lose weight. Either way STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!
  • Whatamilike
    Options
    :wink:
  • modgirlrachel
    modgirlrachel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You mean like a corset...?
    It sounds stupid, but when you think about it, I have less fat where my bra sits because the pressure of the material I suppose "squeezed it out" as you say, but it just moves the fat around, it doesn't just go away.

unfortunately you can't target fat loss without lipo. Just keep up meeting your calories and exercising and you'll get there :) good luck.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Ok, I feel better now that you've winked.
  • fmeisele
    Options
    Anyway, Whatamilike, thanks for the chuckle, I get the feeling you're a great laugh :drinker:
  • floshideaway
    floshideaway Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Corsets gave women of the 19th century very small wait (I have one of my great great aunt's undergarment, she had an 18" waist) and some women nowadays have done it too, that does not mean they have squeezed the fat out and I would not recommend it. Tight clothes will make you look fatter and most likely will attract unpleasant comments, so stop dreaming and do like the rest of us, exercise and eat healthy.
  • Whatamilike
    Options
    You mean like a corset...?
    It sounds stupid, but when you think about it, I have less fat where my bra sits because the pressure of the material I suppose "squeezed it out" as you say, but it just moves the fat around, it doesn't just go away.

Obviously I'm not entirely serious or I would have put this in a 'serious question' Topic box.

However - yes, bra comment above. And who out of you married lot have a permanent giveaway little dent in your finger where your wedding ring sits..? Huh? HUH?!

I'm talking redistribution. OK research - from now on very tight jeans and no bra...

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: (just in case...)
  • modgirlrachel
    modgirlrachel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well as I was replying you put the first winking face and I didn't see it, I didn't think I was rude or anything...
    But yeah I know someone who wears a really tight watch and the fat is redistributed around it (looks so funny lol)

Makes me wonder what our fat distribution would look like if no one wore clothes.
  • Whatamilike
    Options
    Well as I was replying you put the first winking face and I didn't see it, I didn't think I was rude or anything...
    But yeah I know someone who wears a really tight watch and the fat is redistributed around it (looks so funny lol)

Makes me wonder what our fat distribution would look like if no one wore clothes.

Indeed. Or if we all continually wore very tight body suits with just feet free... Hmmm...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,047 Member
    Options

I'm talking redistribution. OK research - from now on very tight jeans and no bra...

I :heart: this. You're my kind of girl, Whatamilike!
  • frenchy2010
    frenchy2010 Posts: 70
    Options
    Sorry if my post is a few months late, but I am a witness (and self-volunteered guinea pig) to the effects of tight clothing and fat redistribution. Growing up, I was very sporty - played P1 soccer, ran track, played dodgeball, tennis, you name it. However, although I had curves, my waist was never, by any means, wasp-y. I had a pudgy stomach and love handles that started right below my rib-cage, negating any illusion of a feminine waist. When I was 18, I took up cross-country, and those 45 minutes plus of running slimmed me down a bit. But my hip-to-waist ratio was still pretty high. One miraculous day, a roommate was throwing out some running pants, and, being typical poor student, I ceased the moment to grab them and thriftily use them for myself. Now, these weren't typical low waisted, muffin-top enhancer pants. These were the high-waisted kind. Embarrassing, yes, but as I put them on, I noticed one thing: my waist. And then I saw draw-strings. So I pulled them tight. And my waist shrank on command. Hmm. So, I proceeded to go to the gym and do cross country in such a fashion, waist snuggly pulled tight. I held onto these pants for another 4 years. By 2 years, my love handles actually were on my hips and stayed that way, creating a massive illusion that I had a tiny waist, when really it was the redistribution of my stomach and waist fat to their proper places. Of course, none of this will hold true unless you try and see for yourself... And in reply to you, Whatamilike, I would say that very tight low-cut jeans would only make your stomach fatter as it would push all the fat upwards. However, high-waisted 70's jeans... That just might do it.
  • CrystalSchlosser03
    Options
    Yes!!! It's called a weight loss body shaper. Helps u lose weight. No joke. :love:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    You know...if you do that and go for a run...you have compression on the fat. Put saran wrap on the inside and you can lose an inch without having to invest in "ItWorks" or ketones.

:laugh: