Help! Prom in one month!

Options
Hey guys! So yeah, I'm going to two proms. The first one is on April 21. I want to set that as a mini goal of mine to work towards looking great for it. My plan was to eat as healthy, and clean as possible, and drink lots of water, while adding more intensity to my workouts. However, my parents do the grocery shopping and last night decided to restock on all the stuff I'm trying Not to eat! They got 2% milk instead of skim, peanut butters with several more ingredients than peanuts in them, really fatty cheeses, etc. basically all the unhealthy versions of foods I usually eat a lot of!!

Would really appreciate some help! Thanks!<3

Replies

• RattieLove
    RattieLove Posts: 125
    Options
    Yeah, I think I'll bump this.
  • Do you have a job? Maybe buy your own "healthier" versions of the food, or go shopping with your folks and get the healthier stuff instead.
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    Portion control, Everything in moderation, and JM 30 day shred video =)
  • Twiinkless
    Twiinkless Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem all the time! Do your parents know that you don't want to be eating these foods? If they don't know, then telling them might mean you don't have the same problem again. If you can afford to, maybe go out and buy some of your own groceries, skim milk, a good wholesome peanut butter, that kind of thing. If you've got your own stuff at least you won't have to worry about being tempted to eat theirs.
    Good luck! Hope this helped a bit.
  • snakesandladders2
    snakesandladders2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    hm, that is hard. When I go to stay with my folks I usually take some protein shake with me to have when I'm hungry for a snack, as that helps me stay away from their very well-stocked chocolate-and-crisps-cupboard. But I imagine you're very young (seeing as you're going to proms!), so your metabolism will be roaring, so if you work out I don't think you need to worry too much about having a few extra ingredients in the PB etc :)

Have a lovely time at the prom, judging from your picture you'll look gorgeous whatever you do :)
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would say if you don't have money to go buy what you need to eat, try to make these things work. Have a pb sandwich on one slice of bread, eat a half a slice of cheese, if you make any kind of sandwich do it on one slice. I make egg sandwiches and just cut the bread in half and use it. You cut a lot of calories there. Try and get more exercise if you are going to have to eat higher calorie items. Drink LOTS of water!! Don't starve yourself. Just eat in moderation :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Uh none of that food is unhealthy unless you exceed the serving sizes.

Just be really diligent in measuring and logging and you should be ok. I drink 2% milk every now and then and have not had any issues losing weight.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! So yeah, I'm going to two proms. The first one is on April 21. I want to set that as a mini goal of mine to work towards looking great for it. My plan was to eat as healthy, and clean as possible, and drink lots of water, while adding more intensity to my workouts. However, my parents do the grocery shopping and last night decided to restock on all the stuff I'm trying Not to eat! They got 2% milk instead of skim, peanut butters with several more ingredients than peanuts in them, really fatty cheeses, etc. basically all the unhealthy versions of foods I usually eat a lot of!!

Would really appreciate some help! Thanks!<3
    For starters why anyone would get skim milk boggles my mind. The fat in milk is good for you, the same goes for cheeses. If you're trying to look "thin" for your prom. I would deplete carb intake to the lowest possible levels. Do not increase exercise, that will only raise your TEEE and make you hungrier.
  • RattieLove
    Options
    Do you have a job? Maybe buy your own "healthier" versions of the food, or go shopping with your folks and get the healthier stuff instead.

No i don't have a job. I usually go grocery shopping with my parents but I didnt go with them last night and I don't have final say as to what we can buy.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Uh none of that food is unhealthy unless you exceed the serving sizes.

Just be really diligent in measuring and logging and you should be ok. I drink 2% milk every now and then and have not had any issues losing weight.

Excellent post. No post has been truer yet.

Also, skim milk? Yuck. It's just white-coloured water.
  • RattieLove
    Options
    Okay thanks guys:) and yes, skim milk. Keep your negativity to yourself lol. I love skim milk.(: