Time is of the essence.

Options
So, I live in Arizona and my boyfriend lives in Pennsylvania. I really want to go from 156 pounds to around 130 pounds by the time I visit him in July, but with a three-hour time difference and classes, I'm afraid that if I take the extra time to workout I won't be able to talk to him anymore. I used to walk to and from school every day (a 9.5 mile walk, total) but in doing so, I don't get home until 8:30 his time. I know exercise is an essential part of losing weight/being healthy, but I can't help but get discouraged when I think that I won't have time for it. And when I get unhappy, I usually end up eating...

Anyway, I was just wondering what anyone else's opinion might be. Anything would be appreciated. :)

Replies

• sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Between work and a child I find it really hard to get out to a class so I workout at home! Get some good dvd's, there are loads of threads talking about the best of them! Find one that suits you. I do the 20min Jillian Michaels dvds in the morning (30DS or RI30) cos I know its quick and effective.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Agree. A half hour a day is all you need. Weight loss is more a food issue than a movement issue.
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Agree. A half hour a day is all you need. Weight loss is more a food issue than a movement issue.

True, and instead of spending a long time walking, perhaps spending a short time running?
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    If walking to school would take to long, try biking it. You can probably find a used bicycle for a good price if you don't already have one.
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Between a full time job, 2 kids, karate classes, piano classes, running a house, and working with my husband with his business, I feel like I NEVER have time for myself. So...I get up about 20 minutes earlier each morning and get in a quick ab workout or squats, etc before I jump in the shower. I try to do this every morning...not only do I get in a little exercise, but I'm able to start my day off with a better mind set and get my body rolling. This way, I don't feel like I'm taking time away from anyone or anything.
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    If walking to school would take to long, try biking it. You can probably find a used bicycle for a good price if you don't already have one.

Great advice!
  • tracferg
    tracferg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So if you used to walk to and from work why not just go for a walk in the morning? Doesn't have to be to work it can be around your neighbourhood and then you still have your evening free...