Good Morning Fitness Pals!

Options
I am having a great day! The scale went down a pound this morning!

I am 5'9" and now weight 170. I topped out at 192 on 10/10/10; that was the day I said "enough".

I know I would never stick to a "diet". I enjoy the things I eat too much! I am going to do this through portion control, good choices, and moderate exercise. I am going to lose 32 pounds to reach my goal of 160. I think I would be comfortable at that weight, but we'll see when I get there!

I stalled out at 20 pounds lost and was looking for something new that might get the scales moving down again. I joined my fitness pal because it is a convenient, easy way to journal what I eat. Tracking the calories is a plus... even though I'm not officially counting calories, it's eye-opening and helps me make better choices. So far it seems to be doing the trick.

Replies

• ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Congratulations on what you've accomplished so far. I know you can do the rest!
  • CU2008
    CU2008 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to MFP. A friend at work introduced me to this a few days ago. I have been on so many diets and I am tired of not eating carbs or calucalting points. This seems like this will work the best for me as I travel often. Here is to day one to a new life of healthy e ating along with a fit lifestyle. I am looking to lose 20-25 pounds.

I have never tried a online message board to help with my weight loss but all the comments I have read are encouraging. I plan on posting my weight daily to keep me account. Today is 149.

Hope everyone has a good day :)
  • kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    Good morning to you, too! I believe you'll find that MFP will help you a lot on your weight loss journey. Oh and the calorie tracking thing is very addictive.
  • trekkietaz
    Options
    keep it up good job
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! That's a great way to start the day, huh? Congrats on your success! I've found this site most helpful. I've never really counted calories before, this has been an eye opener! Best wishes on your continued success....keep with it! You can do it!
    Have an awesome day! :flowerforyou:
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    Good Morning, congrats and keep up the good work
  • andcol86
    andcol86 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there!

Well done and good luck to all you fab slimmers whatever the reason Im sure you will all do great.

I am 5ft 4inch and currently weighing at 169lb Im hoping to loose 29lbs by 19th August which means I need to loose between 1.5 - 2lbs per week. I start off with all good intentions but can fall off the wagon very easily, Im hoping the calorie tracker will help me to make better choices on what I choose to eat. I love my food and love all things nice.

So I may need your help from time to time lol

Good luck everyone :)))