I need a new playlist for my workout!

Options
Hey MFP people,

I am in need of some help. I need some new music for my workouts. I'm getting a little bored and find I am skipping lots of songs. I like to start off mellow and pace the music as I increase my intensity, then I like some slow jams for the cool down and stretching.

What are you favorite songs to work out too? Is there a song that gets you super pumped? :)

I pretty much listen to every type of music, from Dean Martin to Rammstein. All suggestions are apperciated.

Replies

• Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    My exercise playlist consists of all things electronic. The beats and crazyness always gets me pumped.
    Deadmau5, Daft Punk, Skrillex, Avicii, Feed Me...just to name a few.
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    I need some more electronic so thanks for the suggestions. I love me some Daft Punk and Deadmau5. :) I will check out those others more.

Midnight in a Perfect World from DJ shadow is a great cool down song.
  • kathleennnnn
    Options
    I like Girl Talk!!
    and the Black Keys always get me moving
    Beastie Boys
    Cake
    Drake
    And it may be old but What You Waiting For? by Gwen Stefani is my go to song!!
  • RuthRuby
    RuthRuby Posts: 31
    Options
    If you have a smartphone get Pandora! You'll discover new music that is similar to the music that you already like :D
  • Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The station i really like on Pandora is called Black Stone Cherry Radio. It really gives me the upbeat music i need to power through my workouts when i'm outside walking, jogging, or rollerblading.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Kaskade, Girl Talk, ALL 90's West Coast Rap, Jedi Mind Tricks, Ricky Ro$$
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my favorites

Red - Breathe, Break Me Down, Hide, Death of Me, Feed the Machine, Faceless, Let it Burn
    Thousand Foot Krutch - Puppet, Supafly, Set it Off, Phenomenon, Rawkfist, Bounce, New Drug
    Skillet - Foresaken, Open Wounds, My Obsession, Imperfection, Energy, Cycle Down, Awake and Alive, Sometimes
    Chevelle - Grab Thy Hand, Send the Pain Below, The Red
    Evanescence - Taking over me, Going Under, Bring Me to Life
    Linkin Park - One Step Closer, With You, By Myself
    Flyleaf - Im so Sick, Sorrow,
    The Letter Black - Fire with Fire, Hanging on by an Thread, Believe, My Disease, Best of Me, All I Want
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk. Gets me every time.

Um... Bodies by Drowning Pool.

I also listen to a lot of Brokencyde and Escape the Fate.

Oh, and the occasional Akon. :P
  • Lab2809
    Lab2809 Posts: 58
    Options
    There is a website called runhundred.com that gives several good ideas for workout songs and organizes tracks by beats per minute or genre. You do have to provide an e-mail address to use the site, but I have yet to receive unwanted e-mails from the site. I use the site for song ideas and download them elsewhere... :D
  • aliciakoral
    Options
    There is a website called runhundred.com that gives several good ideas for workout songs and organizes tracks by beats per minute or genre. You do have to provide an e-mail address to use the site, but I have yet to receive unwanted e-mails from the site. I use the site for song ideas and download them elsewhere... :D

Love run hundred!
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My Chemical Romance gets me moving, especially the "Danger Days" album. Especially "Planetary Go"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvfNmXbVHi4
  • LeahButterfly
    Options
    This was my playlist today for a 30 minute workout:) It did right by me:) Hope it works for you! Good Luck!!!!

1. Girls just want to have fun -- Cyndi Lauper 2. Livin' it up, Friday night --Bell & James 3.Shake Your Love -- Debbie Gibson 4. Make Me (Ralph's Martini Mix) -- Janet Jackson 5.Yeah (BKT Tribal Mix) Usher 6. Boom! (David Guetta's Mix) -- Black Eyed Peas 7. Hello -- Martin Seivig featuring Dragone 8. Walk Away -- Kelly Clarkson 9. Ghetto Superstar -- Pras 10. The One I Love -- REM
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    the drug in me is you - falling in reverse
    woah oh - forever the sickest kids
    my apocalypse - falling in reverse
    i am not a vampire - falling in reverse
    copperhead road - steve earle
    black and yellow - wiz khalifa
    bleed it out - linkin park
    blood bound - hammerfall
    born in the usa - bruce springsteen
    enter sandman - metallica
    smells like teen spirit - nirvana
  • DesertMermaid29
    DesertMermaid29 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love anything by Muse or Chevelle <3
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    Awesome suggestions! Lovin' the good mix everyone is into.

I will be looking into that Run Hundred...sounds like a wicked concept.
  • mealybug1010
    Options
    Download any of the NOW That's what I call music CD's. They are cheaper (9.99) for 21 songs! and all the hip music from that year.
  • hairspraymafia
    hairspraymafia Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Get any Hatchmatik mixtape (http://hatchmatik.com/news/audio/)
    Major Lazer, (any Diplo will do!), Odd Future
    The whole Daft Punk "Alive" album
    any GirlTalk mixtape!