Hello, new here

Options
Hello, I'm hearing impaired so I dont really socialize much at the gym about getting healthy, but I'd love to read what you guys/gals have to say about your workouts, I only weigh around 135 lbs, but I do have a tummy that I'd like to get rid off perhaps lose around 10 lbs, I currently go to gym(been on and off) I'd like to keep going, my goal is to have firm body with some muscles, if you know what I mean. right now just started on elliptical from what my friend suggested for about 1 hr 3 times a week, and I also do weight training, I would like any comments or suggestions you may have!

Replies

• DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hiya

welcome to the site, you will find loads of hints & tips along the way, it's a great community. Make sure you have a read of the other forums etc.

Good luck with your journey :-)
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hello!

At 135lbs, your pretty light already, do you have a reason for wanting to get lighter?
    You can lose the belly, and maintain or gain weight, you don't have to lose weight weight to lsoe the belly.

Anyway, welcome to the site, hope you find it useful.

Feel free to add me as a buddy if you like.

Dan
  • Masachapa
    Masachapa Posts: 79
    Options
    Welcome to the community Will! The support system here is incredible and the forums are a wealth of knowledge. Lets go!!
  • wilgecko
    wilgecko Posts: 2
    Options
    my only concerns right now is just my belly dont look good in pictures, and dont know why I'm already light for my height, I was told to eat alot of proteins, and to get on cardio machine, as well as do weight training about 4x week, I'm just getting started, and hope to stay motivated for my lifestyle
  • byebyebabywt
    Options
    Hello! If anyone is interested, I would like some more friends to get ideas and help inspire me! I had a baby 7 months ago and I gained 50 pounds =( I have 14 more to go to get to my pre-preggo weight, but would like to lose about 30 more! I am also doing the Insanity videos with my hubby (on day 4....cardio....ouch!!! But, what a great workout!!!). Hope you all are having a great day!
  • liznewson
    Options
    Hi - I'm a newbie to! Started on Monday and couldn't believe how easy it is. I just hope the works and I get in shape for my hols in the summer

Liz
  • brideofanerd
    Options
    hello!
    i've had my profile on this site for over a year but really didn't use it much. after a year of having a personal trainer, another year of working out on my own, and using this app i hadn't lost any weight. i made the difficult decision to have gastric bypass surgery a month ago and i'm very glad i did. i'm 30 pounds down now, still wanting to lose about another 80. i've recently gotten back into the gym to start toning up the new body i'm working on.

i'd love to have some friends on here! let's encourage each other. this journey is very hard alone, i'd rather do it with friends!
    <3ash