To a year of health and accomplishment!

Options
Hi All,

My name is Ruth. I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi! I have been using MFP for the past week and love it! Truth-be-told I actually setup my account a couple months ago and haven't really used it for anything other than weighing in. I had been somewhat tracking my food using the old WW style I was accustomed to, but really hadn't been doing much. So last week I decided to give the whole MFP food and exercise log a go. I LOVE IT!!

A little bit of my back story is I'd been doing WW for 5 years now, after 2 years I lost a significant amount of weight (75lbs YAY!) and got a lot more active. I noticed that while training for and running my first half marathon my weight loss with WW stalled and I had a really really hard time wrapping my head around balancing food and exercise. I use my heart rate monitor to calculate calories burned but I could never figure out how to convert that to WW activity points and just got frustrated and stopped consistently tracking. So what happened? While I stayed very active (4 half marathons, and 2 endurance bike rides to date) I gained weight back. So here I am now. I love how MFP uses calories burned and calories eaten. It's just so easy! I am super stoked and excited!!

So here is my toast! To a year of health and accomplishment! This year has already started out to be a wonderful year (extremely busy yet wonderful) year for me. So far I have finished my 4th half marathon and am training for my first ever sprint triathlon! I will turn 30yo this year, have another tri scheduled (other than the 1st in June), the LiveSTRONG Challenge (5k + 45mi bike ride) in October then the very next week I go on my first ever cruise!! I am motivated and ready to get this done!

I hope to make some friends, and even some training buddies that might be in my area!

So... to all of us! May we have a healthful and successful year! CHEERS!

Replies

• kkwillis1
    kkwillis1 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi, My name is Kaitlin and I am looking to make some new friends.....Would you mind helping me? ;) Im a fairly fit person I work out 5 times a day. and Id like to meet some people that I can talk to about fitness