Reasons you were not losing weight?

Options
I thought I would put this question out there and see if any of you have a good hypothesis. I have been losing weight for two years now. I'm down 50 pounds. I'm 5"4, 180 lbs right now. Still obese. I exercise 5 days a week. I run and cross-train with high intensity step class. I run about 10min miles. In December I ran my first 1/2 marathon. I lose about 5 pounds a month but in late November when I hit 180 I stopping. I have not lost a pound since. MFP helps me make sure I'm not eating to much or to little. I stay within the normal range for calories, protein, fat, carbs. Eat at least 1/2 of my exercise calories. I shake up my workout all the time. Still I'm not losing weight. I have come to a conclusion that something medical has to be happening. I had my thyroid check out and the results came back normal. Any thought? Could this really be a plateau?

Replies

• cilla1182
    cilla1182 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's what it sounds like. You might want to get your hormone levels checked. If they are out of balance that could be a cause. It's an issue that a lot of people aren't aware of. Hope that plateau doesn't last to long. Don't get discouraged. Just keep up the great work you've been doing. And congrats on you progress so far!!
  • runninghome
    runninghome Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's what it sounds like. You might want to get your hormone levels checked. If they are out of balance that could be a cause. It's an issue that a lot of people aren't aware of. Hope that plateau doesn't last to long. Don't get discouraged. Just keep up the great work you've been doing. And congrats on you progress so far!!

Other hormone beside my thyroid?