Lady Troubles

Good morning Ladies! What are some good workouts to do during your menses? Men, if you have an answer please respond as well.

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Anything and everything. Even swimming. Getting your body moving any way you can will help you feel so much bettter.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Agree. as long as you've got good coverage you should be able to do whatever you feel like doing
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 158 Member
    I agree.. I don't change my workouts or the intensity during my TOM. I've found that any exercise during this time period increases my level of energy and lessens cramps/discomfort/bloating.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    I find that when I'm going through that time of the month I really enjoy doing bikram yoga. Not only do you sweat out the water you are retaining but it calms me down and lessens my mood swings. If you don't like heat, try regular yoga. I also like to go for walks outside with my dog if the weather permits. Hope this helps!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    I don't change a thing.
    For cardio: elliptical 30 min daily
    & lift weights 4x a week

It is however the only time I eat red meat & french bread.
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Anything...just move your body. I get achy and cranky and I find that working out gives me my me time and helps the aches. Resting after is such a treat!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Why do women act like they can't work out during their periods?? I always work out -- days i have my period are just regular days. In fact, I used to have reallly bad cramps, and 7 day periods. But since I've made my lifestyle change over a year ago, my periods are only about 4 days - with much less cramps. I do all my normal work outs during my period.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    us women have been living for thousands of years with this montly event
    apparent weight gain is usually just water, and evens out 7-14 days after the end of the 'event'
    if anything, i get more angry with myself for going back to the old me and eating bad/not moving as much

and trust me, bad moods are bad enough without being angry with myself
  • ladyt314
    ladyt314 Posts: 28
    hmmmm this is a really good topic ...because at my TOM....i seem to be very HUNGRY always crave chocolate and excercising gets very hard but for the entire WEEK i have to do the ZUMBA class and 1 hour long on the ELITIPICAL machines OH and of course take some ALEVE's....what can i do for the snacking????
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Sometimes I workout on it and sometimes I don't.
    I at least make sure to shower and change panties after working out on it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I just do my normal stuff unless I'm in agony. Then sometimes I do it anyway.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    I pop a couple of Midol, and keep going. I don't really change up my workouts, I just push through the pain/discomfort.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Stick with the normal routine. If you are having 'issues' (super heavy day) just make sure you are prepared/covered.

I like that sweating / working out helps to cut the water retention down.
  • carcrsh
    carcrsh Posts: 70
    I dislike working out when I have my TOM. I don't have cramps or anything but my flow is ridiculous sometimes and I really dislike tampons. I stick with cardio though. It's awkward wearing a pad but I get through it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I go in a tent with my sisters and sit on straw during that time of the month.
  • Anything except inversions in yoga so I'm told.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    You can do whatever you normally can do. If you feel extra run down, change the intensity for a day or two.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Why do women act like they can't work out during their periods?? I always work out -- days i have my period are just regular days. In fact, I used to have reallly bad cramps, and 7 day periods. But since I've made my lifestyle change over a year ago, my periods are only about 4 days - with much less cramps. I do all my normal work outs during my period.

Yes! It's crazy to see how something we all deal with is treated like such a big deal. My life is a bit more inconvenient for a few days, but I don't change anything. It's your period, not a disease.

For those who dislike tampons or pads, look into a Diva Cup. They're wonderful!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Sex...with yourself or a partner, either works

DANG..You took the words right out iof my mouth ! and agreed SEX is best!
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    I at least make sure to shower and change panties after working out on it.

Are you saying that you don't make a point to do these things after working out during the rest of the month??