Would like to have a drink tonight...suggestions?

Options
I am attending a banquet tonight. What is a good alcoholic drink that doesn't have a ton of sugar or calories (like beer or wine)? Suggestions?

Replies

• traceyjolli
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic with a slice of lemon and lots of ice in a tall glass.... yummy and only 56 cals per glasss!
  • amayarnell
    amayarnell Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    corona light only has 99 calories and it tastes delicious. or you could always opt for the less flavorful MGD 64 or Budweiser Select.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy a nice glass of scotch on the rocks. It's only 65 calories and it is yummy. If you don't like scotch, try tequlia (a good one, like Patron, Don Julia or Aha Toro) on ice and let it sit for a bit then sip on it. Low calories and you aren't getting any of the sugars from those mixes. Enjoy!
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    White wine is always a good choice. I love Kendall Jackson Vinter's Reserve Charddonay. YUMMY! :drinker:
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com

Clear liquor typically has less calories than dark liquor (light rum, tequlia, etc), so mix any of those with a calorie-free mixer (rum and diet coke, tequlia and diet sprite) and you should be good.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hard liquors (gin, vodka, rum, etc.) all have similar calories, so it's the mixer that typically kills you. If you like liquor with a soda, just have it with a diet soda. However, liqueur type alcohols such as schnapps, Bailey's Irish Creme, etc., are higher in calories. A basic wine (not a wine cooler or those overly sweet concoctions they sell) isn't that high in calories, either - at least as compared to hard liquor - as long as you keep the ounces to within 4-6.

Have a great time!!!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    White wine is always a good choice. I love Kendall Jackson Vinter's Reserve Charddonay. YUMMY! :drinker:

White wine is awesome or Vodka and Diet.