inspire me to lose 40 lbs this year

Options
would like to lose 40 lbs this year and started last month and lost 3 lbs sofar. Sometimes it's really hard to control myself in parties and when I am with friends.

Replies

• heartlight050
    Options
    i am working on catching my thoughts about eating when i am not hunrgy. It seems to start with the thought that leads me down that slippery slope. I also quit eating sugar in January...it seems to make me want more and more. If i don't eat it , i don't crave it as much...good luck!! I've lost 17 lbs since January!
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I too, am looking to lose about 40 lbs. I know exactly what you mean about parties, being with friends, etc., you still want to have a good time and enjoy yourself, but also don't want to set yourself back. But you know what??? Sometimes you just have to give that to yourself once in awhile, and then get right back on track. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    If I can lose what I've lost, anyone can ---
    1/1/11 - weighed 303.4 (I am 5'6'' and will be 30 on 4/7/12)
    I changed my eating, and started working out - I'm now a gym rat - and I've lost 107lbs.
    current weight 196.4
    I want to get down to about 160lbs.
  • smurvine
    smurvine Posts: 7
    Options
    Your right. After you avoid a certain type of food, sweets, salty, fried, etc you do not desire it. Before I would crave salty foods. I could polish off a bag of tortilla chips & salsa before I knew what I had done. They key to success is measure, weigh and log everything you put in your mouth.
  • Aruna101
    Aruna101 Posts: 4
    Options
    that's amazing losing 101 lbs.
  • dob70
    dob70 Posts: 2
    Options
    I had this same goal last year and I did it! It was not easy but it can be done! I have completely changed how I eat and drink and I excersize at least 5 days week. I feel great and can do things I never could before. Don't skip the parties! You have to have fun or it is just not worth it. Try bringing health food to parties and work on the control. I have got many of our friends to sign up for 5k's or Warrior Dashes. You would be surprised how many people will join you.
  • emswope
    emswope Posts: 6
    Options
    MFP is a great place to get encouragement! We're all here to cheer you on. Best of luck to you!
  • jellybean482004
    jellybean482004 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! WTG!!
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have sent a couple friend request, the more friends cheering me on helps!!
  • jnlynn
    jnlynn Posts: 101
    Options
    I had this same goal last year and I did it! It was not easy but it can be done! I have completely changed how I eat and drink and I excersize at least 5 days week. I feel great and can do things I never could before. Don't skip the parties! You have to have fun or it is just not worth it. Try bringing health food to parties and work on the control. I have got many of our friends to sign up for 5k's or Warrior Dashes. You would be surprised how many people will join you.

What kind of exercise do you do 5 days a week?
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If I can lose what I've lost, anyone can ---
    1/1/11 - weighed 303.4 (I am 5'6'' and will be 30 on 4/7/12)
    I changed my eating, and started working out - I'm now a gym rat - and I've lost 107lbs.
    current weight 196.4
    I want to get down to about 160lbs.

Great job!!!!
  • Aruna101
    Aruna101 Posts: 4
    Options
    this is really great, I got already positive and friendly responses, together we can achieve our goals. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one struggling in this world but I am wrong. May be I never expressed myself what I really want to do about weight loss. I am good in workouts but food, my waist line after 3 kids, don't know when can I get into good shape and reduce my pants size. Whenever I see my friends in the parties they all look slimmer than I and I get depressed more feel like not achieving.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I think there can be as many posts about success but the only way you'll get anywhere is when you can inspire yourself :) it's a hard journey and you need to commit! But, you're in the right place, this site is amazing and there are loads of supportive, motivational people. If you want it, it will happen!

I've had an amazing journey so far, recently popped a blog up about it, feel free to read!! @ http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Squidgeypaws007

Good luck!

Oh, and well done everyone, amazing stories!!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great place to get encouragement! We're all here to cheer you on. Best of luck to you!

^^That :)

Welcome to MFP!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    You can do it I have lost 54lbs since the end of september and OMG I feel so great. I can not tell you how much my life has changed. You can do this I promise. Something just clicked inside me and I thought. I got to go for it. I still enjoy wine and I still eat out with my friends but my choices are better and I plan for them by eating healthy running up to it.

Grab it with both hands and go for it I did!!! I have 18 to go till target so im still a work in progress xxx
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this!

I had about the same to lose as you when I started back in June 2010 and by April 2011 I had reached my goal. Now I'm working on a 'nice to have but not necessary' goal.

I was pretty hesitant at first because I love food and cooking, but when I started seeing the results I changed my tune.
  • ARMom8251
    ARMom8251 Posts: 194
    Options
    First welcome and good luck! It is always a constant struggle to change a habit or a lifestyle, but it is one that is well worth it. There will be tough times, where you struggle with everything, but thats when turning to MFP people is important. We have been there and we still go through it from time to time, so we know and we can help. Its important to know things don't happen overnight and it is a constant journey, your not done when you reach your goals. I've lost 51 pounds in a year, would have been more, but thats where the struggle comes in. Its hard, its painful at times, its rewarding, and its a wonderful feeling to accomplish your goals. Again good luck!!