Do you award your weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    If I lose a significant weight by mid April (not from now but from my starting weight) I will be getting a new tattoo (reason for getting it then has other meanings).

Ultimately my 'reward' will be telling my mother in law that I DID drop the dress sizes she said I wouldn't and that I DO look good in them and she's just jealous.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I love corsets and reward myself with a new corset. They always keep me motivated as well because I look better and better each new one I get.

I'm hoping my wife will use this as one of her goals too when she starts. She's pregnant so she has to wait until after she has the baby but she's already talking about starting right away. Before we got fat she used to have several corsets and would always go look at new ones. I was a big fan as well :) So this will be something good for me to suggest to her.
  • noeys
    noeys Posts: 56
    Options
    I always found the best prize is fitting into smaller clothes. I don't actually weigh every week and really go on measurements because I work out a lot and sometimes it's easier to reward and be good to yourself when fitting in clothes.

A nice pair of jeans is good to keep you motivated and to chart progress and a bonus to show off all the great work you have done :) x

That WOULD, except I have a closet FULL of clothes in the next smaller 3 sizes.... :( I gained weight when preg, then got diagnosed with Hashimotos, and gained more... so I have TONS of clothes.
  • noeys
    noeys Posts: 56
    Options
    Every time someone makes one of these threads there are dozens of people who say they reward themselves with gym clothes/fitness equipment or they say things like "being lighter IS my reward"...

That's great and all if that's your motivation...but I want something tangible in my hand every 5 lbs that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg (just the extra fat on them) that will actually motivate me.

So far I've been buying music or movies but the thing is...I buy those things anyway. I'm finding its no longer motivating for me to use those. I have bigger rewards planned for when I hit my higher goals...Tattoos, New clothes, A trip, A nice dinner, etc. But I need something for every 5 lbs between 20 lbs and 45 lbs.

Yes thats my problem too. Ive seen people suggesting movies and music etc, but like you said, I would buy them whenever just cause I want them... lol! I dont need to reward EVERY small milestone, but there are a couple I would like to do something special for. I know once I get to my goal I will need new clothes etc... But thats part of why I was trying to think of a tat... something I can ADD to every so often (amount of pounds....) like a star for each 5 lbs or something like that........

Thank you everyone for your suggestions... some good ones in here Ill put in a note to myself. :)
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    For small goals I usually get a facial or a pair of shoes. My final goal reward is already in the driveway, I just have to finish earning it! My husband has confidence that I will reach my goal and gave me this as encouragement:

IMG_0246.jpg

Mini Cooper S turbo