I'm getting frustrated!! (Thighs)

Options
I do cardio every day (4 days a week) - 65 minutes total per day on Arc Trainer
and leg exercises (machines that target upper, inner, and outer thighs) every other day
and have been doing this for almost a year now, but my thighs won't change! They are NO thinner and I'm getting really upset. What do I need to do?

I'm 39, and I weighed 143 when I first started and now I weigh 135. So I haven't even lost that much weight for all the cardio I do. I track my food on here and try to stay right around 1200 cals/day.

Someone please give me some tips that will cause actual changes and fat burn!

Very sad :(

Replies

• ashillman3
    Options
    I Know the feeling! :( I do 5 days of cardio (mostly running)for 30 min and my thighs just want to get bigger lol. Doing sprints has helped tone and define them tho. I think you may be consuming too few calories a day or not the right kind of stuff. 1200 calories is very low and you may be holding on to some fat because your body is hungry and storing it. Also... don't be afraid to lift some heavy weights. :) Squats with a 25-45lb plate overhead is a good one..Hope this help. You are not alone! :smile:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Are they at least more toned? Mine haven't gone down in size, but they're less jiggly.
  • trbinado
    trbinado Posts: 9
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. I'm sorry; I know that is not what you want to hear.

Can you learn to love them for what they do for you?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Those machines work out relatively small muscles. Weighted squats, lunges, step-ups and kettlebell swings will engage your large thigh muscles.
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sadly you cant lose in one spot. I'm a bottom heavy girl so I know the feeling. :frown:
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say that maybe 1200 cals is not enough for all the working out your doing!! I have two leg days a week, run at least 3 miles three times a week, and do 30min 3 days a week on 100% incline on the eliptical and Im seeing nice results in my legs....they are not getting smaller though, instead muscles are showing definition. I also eat about 1500-1600 cals a day. On leg days I do squats, lunges, reverse lunges, walking lunges, step ups....any at home thigh work outs!! Hope this gives you some ideas :)
  • Glorianep
    Glorianep Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My thighs never went down smaller in size until I started adding more weight traning and HIIT workouts. And I was running every other day before I got hurt a couple of months ago and doing spin 3 times a week.
  • qupert
    qupert Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I know that I can't spot reduce, but nothing is changing. I have GOT to slim them down because they rub together at the top and I can't take it! lol

I do HIIT on the Arc, and I push myself and go 3.2 miles total every day, and (according to the machines) I burn 600 a day in cardio alone.

I will start adding weighted lunges and squats after the gym when I get home tonight. I'm so over it! :)
  • naku
    naku Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    WELL!
    I have always, always had upper thighs that rub from the middle and even though otherwise (nowdays) being slim, they haven't really changed that much. Funnily enough they've never bothered me too much though as I've been always more concerned about my flat bottom.
    This in mind I started doing the Butt Bible exactly 1,5 weeks ago. I've noticed definite changes in my butt but the biggest (HUGE!!!) change has been in my inner thighs.... they're gone! Just about touching each other and trousers that have been tight before feel completely different. I'm pretty confused by this as it happened so quick that it really seems like someone just removed them while I was sleeping and I was left with these legs that feel bizarre when walking :D

Butt bible = inner thigh bible.
  • qupert
    Options
    WELL!
    I have always, always had upper thighs that rub from the middle and even though otherwise (nowdays) being slim, they haven't really changed that much. Funnily enough they've never bothered me too much though as I've been always more concerned about my flat bottom.
    This in mind I started doing the Butt Bible exactly 1,5 weeks ago. I've noticed definite changes in my butt but the biggest (HUGE!!!) change has been in my inner thighs.... they're gone! Just about touching each other and trousers that have been tight before feel completely different. I'm pretty confused by this as it happened so quick that it really seems like someone just removed them while I was sleeping and I was left with these legs that feel bizarre when walking :D

Butt bible = inner thigh bible.

REALLY!?!?! I must seek out this bible that you speak of. So, did you get an awesome butt as well? :D
  • naku
    Options

REALLY!?!?! I must seek out this bible that you speak of. So, did you get an awesome butt as well? :D

Yes really. It has upper and lower body exercises but I've been only doing the lower body... and rather than recommended 2 times a week, I did 5. Just changed into level 2 and can confirm some serious butt lift action happening too.
  • qupert
    Options

Yes really. It has upper and lower body exercises but I've been only doing the lower body... and rather than recommended 2 times a week, I did 5. Just changed into level 2 and can confirm some serious butt lift action happening too.

That is quite encouraging! I have Comcast On Demand, so I'll start doing that after the gym! YAY! Thank you!!!
  • naku
    Options

That is quite encouraging! I have Comcast On Demand, so I'll start doing that after the gym! YAY! Thank you!!!

No worries hope it works out! Keep us updated!
  • qupert
    Options
    Well of course I can't find Exercise TV on On Demand. :(
    I have the Sports & Fitness category, but no Exercise TV or Butt Bible listings. I'm gonna cry.
  • qupert
    Options
    Well of course I can't find Exercise TV on On Demand. :(
    I have the Sports & Fitness category, but no Exercise TV or Butt Bible listings. I'm gonna cry.

OMG, sorry to keep posting, but I found all 3 videos on YouTube. YAY! Resuming celebration. :D
  • brideofanerd
    Options
    this butt bible sounds very exciting! my butt/thighs have always been my biggest problem areas. thanks for the tip!
    <3ash
  • justdoit_steph
    Options
    I also love the Butt Bible. If only my boys (ages 3 & 5) wouldn't bounce on top of me when I'm trying to do it... I might enjoy it more :) I do have to turn the volume down because the lady gets on my nerves.
  • qupert
    Options
    I started the Butt Bible level 1 last night, and today my butt is sore, and my thighs & waist are hurting! It packs quite a punch for only being 20 minutes! :D
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    When I did only cardio I weighed between 102-105 pounds but my thighs were still flabby and I had cellulite on the backs of my thighs. Then I started lifting hard core, lunges, squats and especially deadlifts and now my thighs are 18.5" and I can see the muscle in them. And I weigh 110-111 now and have 0 cellulite.

LIFT! And cut down on the cardio!
  • qupert
    Options
    When I did only cardio I weighed between 102-105 pounds but my thighs were still flabby and I had cellulite on the backs of my thighs. Then I started lifting hard core, lunges, squats and especially deadlifts and now my thighs are 18.5" and I can see the muscle in them. And I weigh 110-111 now and have 0 cellulite.

LIFT! And cut down on the cardio!

Very interesting! Did you have to pay major attention on your caloric intake, or just lift more?

OH, also I don't do only cardio. I do cardio 4x a week, but on those 4 days I also alternate upper and lower machines, lifting as much weight as I can for 8-10 reps each.