I'm doing Brazil Butt Lift Program!

Options
Hey all,

For anyone wondering about this program, I'm on day 5, and I LOOOVVEE ITT!!!! Just wanted to spread the word. I had just completed Ripped in 30, which I did not see great results from. I don't really have much weight to lose, I say 5-10lbs while my husband says none. I'm 5'7 1/2" and 140, size 4, flat stomach. I really want my legs to get tighter. RI30 didn't really do much for me, although I definitely got stronger, since I went from doing only some "girl pushups" to being able to do 10+ regular pushups.

After 4 days of the BBL program I can seriously say that I can see a difference in my abs and feel a huge difference in my butt lol (so I know it's working majorly). Of course, instead of working out 25min/day, I'm working out 50min/day, but these workouts fly by, whereas I felt like the RI30 workouts took forever and I was constantly checking the clock and couldn't wait for it to be over. These are fast-paced so you don't have to dwell on a difficult move for 30 seconds like in RI30 but you keep working the same areas from different angles. Another plus is that you don't do the same workout every day for a week, you switch around each day.

Anyway, just felt like I needed to throw this out there because I thought it would be difficult doubling my workout time and it has been way easier to motivate myself each day now that I switched from RI30, so if someone feels like they need to change it up maybe this could be good for you too!

Replies

• v1thompson
    Options
    I've thought about doing this program too...
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    This is great to know since I bought this and expect it to be in tomorrow!! YAH!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I've been looking into getting this as well. How long are the workouts and do you need any kind of equipment?
  • emalbright
    emalbright Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would like to do this once I finish the 30 Day Shred. I just started it last night so I still have a while. Perhaps it could be my Mother's Day gift...
  • Jenny_MSW
    Jenny_MSW Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I guess it comes with a resistance band. I got the video from someone else, so I'm doing it without. It is 5 videos and you do different combinations on different days, they are all 25-35min, except the one sculpt video is 50min. You use dumbbells for the sculpt video. He recommends ankle weights to make exercises harder if you want, but so far I'm getting a great workout without anything except the dumbbells. I'm sure ankle weights could sub for a resistance band instead of getting both if you somehow get the video from somewhere/someone without the stuff.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Bought it and tried a few but havent really started it yet. Good to know though!!!
  • Jenny_MSW
    Options
    Let me include the hard part so this isn't totally bias--- the cardio workout is fast-paced and "dance"-like and it takes a couple tries to get the moves down. The first day I did it I wasn't feeling it (and I rolled my ankle), but the next time went much better. That one definitely is a little tricky, but I don't have anything negative to say about the other 4 videos. If anyone couldn't get the hang of it, I think you could easily substitute a different cardio video or cardio routine in on the days that the cardio video is on the schedule.
  • jrecmcallister
    Options
    Let me include the hard part so this isn't totally bias--- the cardio workout is fast-paced and "dance"-like and it takes a couple tries to get the moves down. The first day I did it I wasn't feeling it (and I rolled my ankle), but the next time went much better. That one definitely is a little tricky, but I don't have anything negative to say about the other 4 videos. If anyone couldn't get the hang of it, I think you could easily substitute a different cardio video or cardio routine in on the days that the cardio video is on the schedule.

I have this program and totally agree with you. I am not too fond of the cardio axe so I just do Zumba on the cardio days. I enjoy it much more! And I love BBL! You definitely start seeing and feeling the results very quickly! You will love the other 4 videos! I am pear shaped and my butt/thighs are def a prob area! This makes those muscles work like no other video I have ever done!
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    I really love it as well! I've only done one workout thus far (the tight and sculpt) and had a blast doing it!
  • klecourtois
    klecourtois Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have thought of doing this one.... How long is the whole program!?
  • Jenny_MSW
    Options
    They give you a 4 week schedule, and then it says to keep going, just mix up the order of the weeks and continue. Then you can just keep adding weight to your dumbbells/ankle weights... From how this first week is going, I expect to be doing it for at least a 2nd month bc it's already going well. I did take a before photo, so I'll post pics if there is a noticable difference (which I'm expecting since I can literally SEE a diff in my stomach after 4 days). Can't wait to see after 4 weeks!
  • whovian88
    whovian88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just started this program as well (I just finished day 3), I was definitely sore after the first day. I finished TurboFire last year and just finished Insanity last week. This is definitely not as much of a cardiovascular challenge but I find it focuses more on the toning and sculpting of your muscles, which is a nice change. I'm already seeing a little different in my stomach and my booty is definitely feeling this. Can't wait to hear more results :)
  • LongHornHoney
    LongHornHoney Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've thought about trying it but I have NO coordination. Thanks for the info.
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ohhh. Thanks for this post. I am tempted to buy it, for when I finish Insanity. It's a toss up between BBL and LM Combat. I might go combat first, and BBL after ^^ So definitely good to hear you guys think it's a good programme!
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Loved this program! Helps your butt, legs and abs!
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I have never done the full BBL program, but I do BBL exercises once in a while (since February). I love the Bum Bum workout :) BBL is definitely worth trying!