POOP for thought *TMI*

Options
OK, I'm not sure if this etiquette or not but since we are all on the same journey of weighloss and healthy living, how we get rid of waste is a naturual part of the process, and the most important. Becuase the nature of the topic, I don't think anyone really wants to talk about it. So if there is anyone out there who gets offended by this topic, or you are squeemish, please don't read. That's my disclaimer.

Here's my question: Why is it that when you do a cleanse, eat right, get more fiber, the result is more #2 and actually lose weight? Versus those who eat normally, without any added extra "help", do #2 and don't lose a pound?

I only ask this becuase my whole life I suffered from stomach issues and alot of #2 was a part of my day, yet I lost no weight. You would think?
BUT since this cleanse (and I'm not following it to a T here...), I've lost 3lbs in 4 days?

How does this make sense?

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna guess that by eating right and getting fiber and such results in more water loss as well. If you're not eating healthy and/or getting enough water, your body will actually retain water, resulting in no or slower loss.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Probably because you're eating less calories than before ...
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Expelling the food from your body results in weighing less. The first time I had a colonic I lost 10 lbs (I have IBS)

I would like to suggest to you a supplement called betaine HCL.The HCL is the acid that digests food in your stomach, if you do not have enough, it will cause a problem. Please google low HCL and see if you have any of the symptoms. You can get HCL at GNC with some digestive enzymes or at your local green grocer.

I suffered for years and YEARS with this and it was not until I talked to a homeopathic nutritionist that I got the information to actually treat my condition, not the symptoms. :)
  • tito_diaz
    tito_diaz Posts: 32
    Options
    And I will "guess" that maybe the weight loss from a cleanse is that poop u are getting rid of is very dense from sitting in your system so long? Not tmi by the way :) a valid question.
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I eat my fibre goals everyday and eat a healthy balanced diet but i still maybe only go for a #2 maybe twice a week. i get bloated easily which put me off eating food. sometimes im hungry then other times im not. its a complete nightmare. i had to take a laxative last night just to make me go but i dont want to be doing that if my diet should manage of its own. i used to take laxatives quite regular when i was under weight as it was the only thing that made me go.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I eat my fibre goals everyday and eat a healthy balanced diet but i still maybe only go for a #2 maybe twice a week. i get bloated easily which put me off eating food. sometimes im hungry then other times im not. its a complete nightmare. i had to take a laxative last night just to make me go but i dont want to be doing that if my diet should manage of its own. i used to take laxatives quite regular when i was under weight as it was the only thing that made me go.

Have you tried Cherry Juice?
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When I checked with my doctor about my levels here on MFP, he said they all looked good except that the fiber goal was a little low.