Any Veggies out there??

Options
Brenna
Brenna Posts: 126 Member
I am a vegetarian (lacto-ovo, so I eat dairy and occasionally eggs). I have many ideas and meals that I have been eating over the years but looking for others to swap. I particularly love cooking with beans and grains as they seem to be most filling. Anyone have some new ideas??

Thanks!
Brenna

Replies

• christahollis
    Options
    Go buy The Veganomicon.
    It is, by far, the best vegan cookbook I have ever used. The recipes are amazing, easy, and obviously focus on using beans, grains, and other such because it's a vegan cookbook.
    Seriously, go buy it....like now...before you even finish reading this reply.
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Alright- great suggestion. I am on it:)
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I recently got in to lentils. Very filling and there's different ways to use them. If I find a good recipe I'll start a "Veggie Recipe Swap" thread or something in the Recipes section.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I have recently been eating a bunch of summer squash, zucchini, yellow, summer and tablequeen! I had a little of each and did not want to waste, so I got out the old Mandolin and very thinly sliced up all I had mixed it up and sauteed it in EVO tossed in some sweet basil, a bit of salt and served as a side dish. it was really good. the basil just added a sweet taste that married all of it! Probably not gourmet vegetarian, but I really enjoyed it!
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Check out this thread. Lots of yummy recipes in here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/60465-vegetarians

Enjoy!:tongue:
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    I LOVE Vegweb.com and fatfreevegan.com. I am a Vegetarian/ transitioning vegan. I love to cook and these sites have made it easy to stay out of the fast food joints...