favorite veggie burgers

Options
apparatus195316
apparatus195316 Posts: 79 Member
Lately I'm LOVING veggie burgers because of their great protein levels and the fact that they're *packed* with vegetable goodness!

"Bacon" Cheeseburger For Him: He's not worrying about his waistline, so the sodium and caloric intake on this is higher than I'd like, but according to him this is better than burger king~!

1 Garden Burger Original patty (100 Calories, 5g of protein...WORD!) <i>I cook this w/o olive oil to cut back on excess calories</i>
2 Slices Smart Bacon (80 Calories, 4g of Protein. I warm it up in the mixrowave for 20 seconds before serving)
1 slice pre-processed "cheese food" (GROSS!) melted on the veggie patty
3 Medium slices of Roma tomato, quartered
Liberal onion slices
1 tbsp Vegenaise
1 tbsp mustard
Served on 1 slice of whole wheat bread, toasted

For Me: I LOVE this one. The warm sexy veggie goodness with creamy vegenaise and mustard plus the cool veggies on top....I eat it with a fork, like a salad :happy:

1 Garden Burger Original patty
3 Medium slices of Roma tomato, quartered
Liberal onion slices
1 handfull of mixed greens (I used prepackaged salad mix)
1 tbsp Veganaise
1 tbsp mustard

At only 210-ish calories, 16g of protein, and LOTS of yum, I've eaten this for dinner for the past 2 nights :laugh:

Anyone have any other great veggie burger recipies?

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    yum-e

I like eating veggie patties in pitta bread!!!!!!!! MmmmmmmmmmMMM!
  • apparatus195316
    Options
    pita bread is awesome!!! I like it toasted a little in the oven with olive oil and red onion. Then I put some sea salt and cracked pepper on it. <3
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i never heard of vegenaise before, does it taste like real mayonaise? i hate light mayo, i love the real stuff! :heart:
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Yeh I was gonna say vegenaise...hmm...that MUST be American!!!! :laugh: We don't get half the "alternatives" over here!!!!

ps. Grassingtons do really good veggie things :heart:
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    pita bread is awesome!!! I like it toasted a little in the oven with olive oil and red onion. Then I put some sea salt and cracked pepper on it. <3

<licking lips>
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Vegenaise is AWESOME! I have friends that are not vegans that steal it from my cupboards and eat it like a dip with potato chips:)

Also, Chili's has a really, really good veggie burger! I order take out for work often and get the veggie burger with a side of steamed broccoli- amazing!
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    "Vegenaise Makes it Better"

OMG I WANT SOME

http://www.followyourheart.com/vegenaise.html
  • apparatus195316
    Options
    vegenaise tastes FANTASTIC! No lard....It's absolutely better than the real thing-plus, the kind I buy has Omega 3's which I think the regular stuff lacks.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Have any of you tried Dr. Preager's veggie burgers????

They are amazing and when you look at the ingredients its like beans, corn, edamame, etc. Nothing you can't pronounce!

Just thought I'd share the love!:love: Now I'm hungry!
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    Gardenburger with light teriyaki sauce. pineapple ring, veggie mozza cheese. lettuce, mustard. best tropical burger ever yummy.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    All these burgers sound REALLY good!!! I think I am going to need to try some those Thanks for the help!!!
  • halfacerk
    halfacerk Posts: 41
    Options
    any one know where to buy vegenase in Michigan?
  • apparatus195316
    Options

I'm able to purchase it at Smith's, but if you can't find it there and have a Whole Foods (or equivalent health food store) nearby they most likely carry it. Good luck!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Gardenburger with light teriyaki sauce. pineapple ring, veggie mozza cheese. lettuce, mustard. best tropical burger ever yummy.

I make this one, yums!!:tongue:
  • halfacerk
    Options

I'm able to purchase it at Smith's, but if you can't find it there and have a Whole Foods (or equivalent health food store) nearby they most likely carry it. Good luck!

Thanks!!!!!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i have a box in the freezer right now and was trying to figure out how to make them all yumm-o! thanks guys! :drinker: :flowerforyou: