What to do with my kids... ??

Options
My son and my step daughter are 4 years old. My husband has to help his brother move this Saturday, so it's just the three of us. I want to do something active with my kids, but it's going to be 66 and raining.. So what do I do? Any ideas?

Replies

• RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    Is there an indoor place with the inflatable bounce houses and slides? We have one where I live called Monkey Bizness and my kids LOOOOVE it! They would stay there all day if I would let them lol
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Is there an indoor place with the inflatable bounce houses and slides? We have one where I live called Monkey Bizness and my kids LOOOOVE it! They would stay there all day if I would let them lol

^^^This would be EXCELLENT! If you don't mind a mess, playdough and/or clay are always fun for kids too!
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Take them for a swim? Kids love the pool & you get a swim in too- win win!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    coloring book, legos, hide and seek, playdough, story books, pictionary(make your own preschool version), bake cookies
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Arts and crafts always work for my son.

& then snacks and a kid friendly movie.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Bumper bowling? Do you have a Chuck E Cheese in your area? Rollerskating? Or you could just do some arts/crafts at home. Finger painting, coloring etc. Have fun!
  • Twyla123
    Twyla123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    if you are not wanting to go out - build them a fort in the living room and let them pretend they are camping, let them eat their meals in there and watch movies (assuming you have a portable DVD player), etc.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Y close by. (We don't) My girlfriend said she was able to get a one day pass to her local Y. Took her kids and they all burned some energy. Or do you have a kids science center or something like that?
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    if you are not wanting to go out - build them a fort in the living room and let them pretend they are camping, let them eat their meals in there and watch movies (assuming you have a portable DVD player), etc.
    If you can get some big boxes, building a fort out of them would be perfect!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    a children's museum, bowling, arts and crafts, popcorn and a movie, picnic on the living room floor all those work for my kids.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Check out your local library and community centers, many times they'll have activities/workshops geared for the little kids. Our library is starting a reading challenge for Spring Break and will also be having some special events for the next few weeks. The best part is most of the activites are FREE! (I love free stuff!)

I sign up my kids for as many activities as I can during the summer time to keep them occupied.

I like the other ideas of making a fort in the living room, arts & crafts are always a good idea, finger paints, modeling clay, etc...
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Scavenger hunt inside? My son is 10 and still loves to play tag/hide & seek. Spoon/egg race but use cotton balls. Lunch somewhere with a kids play center.

I used to play hockey in the kitchen with my son... probably not the best idea.... take them ice skating! = )
  • lad323
    lad323 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If it's not lighting and thundering, How about puddle jumping. Allowing a 4 year old to get muddy and joining in too, to them you would be parent of the year!
  • MAndrews723
    Options
    Wow thank you all for all the ideas! I do want to get them out of the house. Puddle jumping sounds almost tempting, but roller skating sounds like a blast.. I wonder if I can recruit a friend to join us for help.. I don't think I can handle two four year olds roller skating..
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My son and my step daughter are 4 years old. My husband has to help his brother move this Saturday, so it's just the three of us. I want to do something active with my kids, but it's going to be 66 and raining.. So what do I do? Any ideas?

You & the kids can do a ton of walking at a museum.
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Is the a local park land near by with a lake.

We love to go and park up and then walk the trails making it an adventure taking a different route each time until we find the lake.

When we get to the lake I have a bag of bird seed/bread and the girls feed the duck and swans on the lake.

Then we try and remember the route back to the car.

A good walk with some fun of feeding the ducks.

Our local area you have to walk through the wood land so there is plenty of tree cover from the rain and they wear their welly boots so can jump in the mud and puddles.

Usually take a change of clothes as well for when we get back to the car or a cover for the car seats :o)
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options

here is S.w. FLORIDA its called BOUNCE-U

I hate to suggest this but i will anyways....... what about playland at McDs... when my oldest 2 were little and it was cold or raining we'd go there... they always had fun and it was a TREAT because its not something we did very often.