Changing my life

Options
My name is Victoria. I was born and raised in Texas my whole life. It wasn't until I got into high school that I started to become overweight. No one ever thought that I weighed as much as I did, and they all would say that I carry my weight well. Well in 2010 I had a beautiful baby girl and my pre pregnancy weight was 175, and when I had her my weight was 209. Currently I'm at 215 right now and I want to get down to 150 or 140 just healthy :)

Please feel free to add me, because I do so much better when I have support!

Replies

• klassent
    klassent Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm right here with you - I'm at my heaviest and starting a new life by becoming home based. I struggle with motivation right now for exercise other than playing with my kids:). We can do this together!
  • kaaabney
    kaaabney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation. I was always a little heavy, but no one ever thought I weighed as much as I did. I was around 160 before I had my first daughter and I gained 60 pounds with my pregnancy. I honestly lost most of the weight after birth until I got on the birth control shot where I gained another 30 pounds. I have been somewhere around 200 pounds for the past 10 years. I just want to be healthy. I have gotten too comfortable being fat because everyone tells me that I carry my weight well. Well it's time to stop carrying this extra weight. I want to set a good example for my two daughters. I am excited about this website and hope we can encourage one another and give each other great advice and ideas to keep us on track. Good luck!
  • MsGriff
    MsGriff Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Victoria I am struggling with the same issues. I was born and raised in Texas also, no one can believe that i weigh 250lbs, that always say," Oh you don't weigh that much". My target weight is 150-165 I am all in when you say changing my life I am tired of being unhealthy. I would love to be your friend I agree with the support and encouragement. That is what it is going to take to change ACCOUNTABILITY, to ourselves and one another!!!!:smile:
  • candycurls14
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I'm at my heaviest of 250 after having my first born son in 2010. I am so ready and determined to get fit and just be healthy overall. Im excited to see that i'm not alone. But you can do it! Just keep your head up and stay encouraged!
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My name is Victoria. I was born and raised in Texas my whole life. It wasn't until I got into high school that I started to become overweight. No one ever thought that I weighed as much as I did, and they all would say that I carry my weight well. Well in 2010 I had a beautiful baby girl and my pre pregnancy weight was 175, and when I had her my weight was 209. Currently I'm at 215 right now and I want to get down to 150 or 140 just healthy :)

Please feel free to add me, because I do so much better when I have support!

Hi Victoria, I live in NY now, but I am moving to Texas this summer because of my husband's job. I have always carried my weight pretty well also, that is until the recent weight gain over the last few years...it was starting to drag me down in a big way. Over the last year I have lost 74 pounds, and I have about 25 more to go. Good luck, you can do it! :)
  • howaboutit
    howaboutit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi Victoria,

I decided in January to lose my baby weight - my babies are 17 and 13. Like you, I just want to be healthy and quite frankly shop in whatever store I chose.

I would be happy to share the journey with you. Feel free to friend me if you like.

Best of luck and you can do it!!

Amy
  • kirsty736
    kirsty736 Posts: 65
    Options
    Hey welcome to the site, I'll add you as we have similar weight loss goals :)
  • Corrie_Lynn
    Corrie_Lynn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm right with you. I have 4 kids, my youngest (and last one) is 19 months old now, I'm the heaviest I've ever been and it's time for a big change. Feel free to send me a request. Also, anyone else out there looking for some support, I could use all the extra friends I can get on here to help me stay motivated so feel free to send me a request.
  • wonderlady71
    wonderlady71 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm connecting to what alot of you are saying about "carrying" your weight well...I am the same. No one would EVER guess my real weight...and even comment on me dressing nicely and being a confident person. Well this stylish, independent woman has been pretty miserable when it comes to trying to losing weight and failing - over and over. Entirely changing up my eating habits and feeling pretty good.

I was on here about a year ago and gradually logged in less and less till I wasn't at all. But I am BACK:) And I'd love some new supportive friends to chat with! I'm looking to lose about 75lbs - the healthy way;)

Keep it up everyone!!