Yogi "Blues Away" tea...have you ever tried this?

Options
Have you ever tried this?

WOW! I was looking for some Yogi Healthy fasting tea, because I LOVE the way it tastes with my Aveda Comfort Tea (I like to mix several different teas together in one cup). I grabbed it and then I grabbed this one ("Blues Away") by mistake ( I was looking for Yogi Women's Moon Tea instead) and it REALLY tastes really really good. This is my first time trying it and I wondering if anyone has tried it and if you like it?

Replies

• awandell
    awandell Posts: 62
    Options
    I have NOT tried this, but I am curious what you put IN your tea? Not meaning to change the subject! What do these different teas have in them?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I have NOT tried this, but I am curious what you put IN your tea? Not meaning to change the subject! What do these different teas have in them?

If you mean sweeteners or stuff like that, I don't put anything in my teas but water only. Only the Aveda tea has calories (5 calories per serviing). All of these teas are organic and sugar/sweetener and caffeine FREE. Sometimes i'll throw a trader joe's organic green tea in my cup too...I think that has some caffeine in it. Here's info on the ones I use
    These are the main ones I drink. I started drinking them because I would get so cold as i'm losing weight--now that I've been drinking them, I am not as cold as i used to be. Again, I do not drink 3 or 4 cups of tea per day, but I do put 2-4 different teabags in the 8 oz cup of tea that I drink:

Aveda Comfort Tea
    http://www.aveda.com/product/5210/17081/Body/Tea/Aveda-Comforting-Tea-Bags/index.tmpl

Steep yourself in comfort—wherever or whenever—with our soothing herbal infusion of licorice root and peppermint, in convenient tea bags. Calms your senses, promoting a sense of well-being.

• our signature Comforting Tea flavor, in a convenient form
    • 100% certified organic blend
    • no caffeine, sugar or added flavors

ingredients are licorice root, peppermint, sweet fennel (ground), and basil

Yogi Woman's Moon Cycle Tea:
    http://www.yogiproducts.com/products/details/womans-moon-cycle/

Rely on our uniquely crafted herbal formula to help relieve the minor tensions and discomfort of your monthly cycle. We combine dong quai, the most respected restorative herb in Traditional Chinese Medicine, with chaste tree berry and organic raspberry leaf, used for centuries in Europe, to address common PMS symptoms. Juniper berry, a traditional herb, can help ease water retention. Plus, fragrant chamomile helps relax the mind and soothe the body.* Infuse harmony and comfort into the days of your monthly cycle with a calming cup of Woman’s Moon Cycle®.

Ingredient Glossary.
    Fennel Seed
    Ginger Root
    Cinnamon Bark
    Chamomile Flower
    Raspberry Leaf
    Anise Seed
    Dong Quai Root Extract
    Chaste Tree Berry Extract
    Juniper Berry Extract
    Parsley Lea

*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Yogi Healthy Fasting Tea
    Detoxification plays an important role in dieting, so look to our Healthy Fasting™ tea as part of your weight loss plan. Our flavorful blend of traditional herbs helps detoxify the body and supports stamina and digestion as you diet. A blend of organic red clover with burdock and dandelion supports the liver in eliminating toxins. Licorice supports overall stamina, and Garcinia cambogia supports the body’s ability to stay lean. Finally, fennel and cinnamon bark improve circulation and aids digestion. Enjoy Healthy Fasting as a tasty addition to your weight loss program!*

Ingredient Glossary.
    Fennel Seed
    Licorice Root
    Cinnamon Bark
    Red Clover
    Alfalfa Leaf
    Gotu Kola
    English Hawthorn Berry
    Garcinia cambogia Fruit
    Cardamom Seed
    Ginger Root
    Clove Bud
    Burdock Root
    Dandelion Root
    Yellow Dock Root
    Black Pepper
    Natural Flavors
    Essential Oils
    Barley Ma

*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Yogi Joint Comfort Tea
    http://www.yogiproducts.com/products/details/joint-comfort/
    Our unique blend of traditional herbs from Asia, Africa and America is specially formulated to ease joint movement. Naturally decaffeinated green tea joins organic turmeric root, used in Ayurveda for joint health, and yucca root, traditionally used by Native Americans to help maintain the joints. We add cat’s claw bark, an antioxidant and immune system balancer used for centuries by the Ashanica Indians of South America. African devil’s claw—also known for its joint support—creates a distinctive, soothing blend. Enjoy a cup of Joint Comfort™ tea and move freely throughout your day.*

Ingredient Glossary.
    Lemongrass
    Peppermint Leaf
    Decaffeinated Green Tea Leaf
    Alfalfa Leaf
    Turmeric Root
    Celery Seed
    Spearmint Leaf
    Yucca Root Extract
    Cats Claw Bark Extract
    Devils Claw Root Extract
    Natural Flavors

Here's the info on the new one:

Yogi Blues Away Tea
    Say goodbye to the blues with a flavorful cup of this warming and relaxing formula. We use only the finest St. John’s Wort leaf and flower, which have been traditionally used to alleviate common anxiety and nervous unrest by helping to settle the emotional imbalances caused by everyday stress. We then add soothing fennel and lively, aromatic organic lavender to enhance the tea’s calming effect. Relax with a cup of St. John’s Wort Blues Away Tea and find harmony within yourself and the world around you.*

St. John’s Wort Leaf and Flower
    Fennel Seed
    Cinnamon Bark
    Spearmint Leaf
    Cardamom Seed
    Ginger Root
    Lavender Flower
    Fenugreek Seed
    Clove Bud
    Black Pepper
    Natural Flavors
    St. John’s Wort Extract

• awandell
    awandell Posts: 62
    Options
    I guess not many have tried it, but I'm intrigued! Do you notice the physiological benefits from these teas? For example, does the Yogi Women's Moon Tea really help? And where are you finding your teas?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I guess not many have tried it, but I'm intrigued! Do you notice the physiological benefits from these teas? For example, does the Yogi Women's Moon Tea really help? And where are you finding your teas?

Well...Everybody's different and if you read the reviews on these teas, people swear by them. For me...Jesus Alone is getting any and ALL the credit for any and every good thing happening in my mind, body and soul--but the teas to me are just plain soothing and tasty and keep me warm inside.

I buy my Aveda tea from Aveda shops, I buy my yogi teas from health food stores and grocery stores.
  • adhillman01
    adhillman01 Posts: 206
    Options
    If you take any medications you should talk to a doctor or pharmacist before drinking the 'blue's away" tea. St. John's Wort has multiple interactions with other drugs, to the point of being dangerous.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    If you take any medications you should talk to a doctor or pharmacist before drinking the 'blue's away" tea. St. John's Wort has multiple interactions with other drugs, to the point of being dangerous.

This is so good to know. I've never taken St. John's Wart and bought this by accident--I'm not taking any medicines and will finish this box off, not sure if I'll buy another one--but I do love the way it taste. THANKS again for sharing!