Check This Out! :) Stuffed Green Peppers!!

Options
Hope1971
Hope1971 Posts: 111 Member
Today for the first time ever I made stuffed green peppers. Not only was this the first time making them, but it was the first time I ever ate one to! Will show Picture if I can and recipe!

Cant figure out how to post a picture...anyone have an idea?

Ingredients
• 2 pounds ground beef
• 2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
• 8 green bell peppers
• 2 cans tomato sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
• Shredded Cheese (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cook rice in Rice Cooker or on stove according to normal directions.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
4. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
5. In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining can tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
6. About 10 minutes before it is done sprinkle shredded cheese over peppers
7. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour in the preheated oven

Replies

• shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish!!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you find your enjoying stuffed peppers, I like to make them mexican style. I make them basically the same way but add Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning (or taco seasoning), salsa, a little sour cream and melt a little shredded cheese on top. Delish!!
  • Hope1971
    Options
    That sounds amazing too!!!!
  • ChristineDB
    ChristineDB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    YUM : )
  • butterfly0819
    Options
    Did you happen to figure out calories on this? I love stuffed peppers!!
  • ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
  • Hope1971
    Options
    Did you happen to figure out calories on this? I love stuffed peppers!!

Yup, total for one is...451 calories for 1 Huge Stuffed Pepper , but keep in mind that is with the cheese. This worked out for me though because I was full after one with some green beans.:)
  • Hope1971
    Options
    Today for the first time ever I made stuffed green peppers. Not only was this the first time making them, but it was the first time I ever ate one to! Will show Picture if I can and recipe!

P03-20-12_19-07.jpg

Ingredients
    • 2 pounds ground beef
    • 2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
    • 8 green bell peppers
    • 2 cans tomato sauce
    • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    • salt and pepper to taste
    • 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
    • Shredded Cheese (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. Cook rice in Rice Cooker or on stove according to normal directions.
    3. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
    4. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
    5. In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining can tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
    6. About 10 minutes before it is done sprinkle shredded cheese over peppers
    7. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour in the preheated oven
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yum! They look lovely! I second makin them Mexican style - black beans, cumin, and chili powder can't ever be wrong.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Yum! They look lovely! I second makin them Mexican style - black beans, cumin, and chili powder can't ever be wrong.

Yeah, they look fantastic! I like to make them with black beans, corn, a little bit of ground beef, and taco seasoning. Yummmmmm!
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Bump!
  • Jlburroughs
    Options
    These are a good choice as well. I've had them a few times! 1 serving=2 pepper halves. So one half is only 261 calories!!!!

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/stuffed-peppers-recipe-00100000074106/index.html

Southwestern Stuffed Peppers

Jonny Valiant
    Serves 4

Hands-on Time: 10m

Total Time: 1hr 20m

Ingredients

1 cup long-grain white rice
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    6 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
    1/2 pound ground beef chuck
    1 cup frozen corn
    1 4.5-ounce can chopped green chilies
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    4 ounces Monterey Jack, grated (1 cup)
    kosher salt and black pepper
    4 large bell peppers, halved lengthwise, ribs and seeds removed
    1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
    salsa, for serving
    Directions

1. Heat oven to 375° F. Cook the rice according to the package directions.

2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallion whites and beef and cook, breaking the beef up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the corn, chilies, cumin, cooked rice, ½ cup of the Monterey Jack, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.

3. Arrange the bell peppers, cut-side up, in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish or pan. Divide the beef mixture among the bell peppers, add ½ cup water to the dish, tightly cover the dish with foil, and bake until the bell peppers are soft, 30 to 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of Monterey Jack, and bake until browned, 5 to 7 minutes more.

4. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt and ¼ cup water. Drizzle over the bell peppers and top with the salsa and scallion greens.

Tip

The bell peppers can be stuffed up to 12 hours in advance; refrigerate, covered. Bake as directed, adding 5 to 10 minutes to the portion of the baking time when the dish is covered.

Nutritional Information

Calories 521; Fat 20g; Sat Fat 9g; Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 574mg; Protein 26g; Carbohydrate 59g; Sugar 7g; Fiber 5g; Iron 4mg; Calcium 316mg
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    YUM! I am going to have to try these! Thanks!
  • djlevron
    djlevron Posts: 20
    Options
    OK I guess there are going to be some that are grossed out by this, but I do peppers much the same way but use ground deer meat, and shrimp to stuff them, and add some Rotel tomatoes to the meat mixture before stuffing
  • madeinforks
    madeinforks Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like to add some shredded cheese right in with the hamburger when its almost done also..gives it an awesome taste!