hey

Options
i have been on here for a while but havent really talked to any one and could use some tips and encouragement to eat right and exercise like i am supposed to.
I have recently lost my motivation and i hope that maybe reaching out to people will help me get it back!

Replies

• mjbuch
    mjbuch Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I know how it feels to lose your motivation. When mine starts to go away, I think about how good it felt when I was walking and cooking. I am a pastry chef, but also just love to cook. I like shopping at the farmers market, its one way to get in some excercise and also get some fresh veg and fruits for the diet. If you have something you like to do, see if its possible to take it outside to get some fresh air. Or maybe go to a near by park and take a walk, meet some new people or at least be around others so you don't feel alone. Hope this helps. Remember we all have days where we don't do so well. :happy:
  • sjmitchner
    sjmitchner Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm new also. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with motivation. I lost mine last year, when I didn't loose weight for two weeks. I'm determined this time. Perhaps we could cheer each other along. I'm loosing weight to be healthy and because my husband and I want to have kids. I'm trying to use the perspective "I'm loosing weight, to gain my future" I could be wrong, but maybe your motivation for loosing weight doesn't always have to be the same thing. I think it's more important to find the reason to keep going, then to re-energize a motivation that may not be working anymore. Just a thought.