Is It Wrong?

Options
Is it wrong to look at others food diaries? I mean if people didnt want you to see why post right? I am one week strong on this site and i love it! Now i must say i have checked out some peoples food diaries only to see what other are eating to get some ideas of what might work for me, I must say looking at some peoples made me think am i eating to much? Then i had to realize we all are here for diffrent reasons so what someone else does might not work for me. Well I guess i answered my own question. Have a bless day to all!

Replies

• jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Uh, no. If they didn't want it to be public, they would lock it down. It's a good way to get ideas about what you can eat and also help others out when they need it.

Why so guilty? :happy:
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    not at all! we're all here to get ideas from eachother to help improve ourselves!
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    this is what the food diary is for.... they are not public by default so if you can see, it, if it inspire you, then go for it....
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I don't personally look at other people's diaries unless they ask me to do so. I am an extremely picky eater and am more than happy to eat the same ole stuff all the time. I like it and it works for me. However, there's nothing wrong with you peeking at someone's diary to get some ideas. That being said, don't base what you should be doing on what someone else is doing. You don't know what their goals are, you don't know where they are in this journey, etc.

For example, I closed my diary down because too many people were commenting on how many calories I eat in a day. First off, I am in maintenance (and have been for 18+ months). Second, my body needs a lot of calories. So, what works for me - may or may not work for you. Don't worry about how much you're eating vs how much they're eating. :)
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    not really feeling guilty just curious thanks guys!
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Not wrong at all, it IS great for getting ideas! And you are absolutely right about recognizing that what anyone else is doing may not be right for you. I always find it interesting to see different food combinations or to try something prepared a way I had never considered. Good luck on your quest for better health =)
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    If they don't want you looking, even as a "friend" they can set it up to where only they can see it. :) otherwise i think its a great idea to look. Might get some great food ideas.
  • alliover
    alliover Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's wrong at all. If people don't want you viewing their diaries then they have the option to keep them closed but if the diary is open then why not view it. I've left my food diary open because I feel it helps make me more accountable for my food choices .... trying to set a healthy example :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Yep - if their diary is open, then they must have no problem with people viewing it. I look sometimes just to get new ideas for healthy meals & snacks. My diary is open - have a look! I've got nothing to hide, even when I go over on calories or have a treat (like the brownie & ice cream dessert last night!). :smile:
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    I think it's okay to look at people's diaries when they're available. I know I do. It's a good way to get meal ideas. I know I leave mine open because I find it helps me to be accountable for what I eat.