Treadmill anyone?

Options
I'm buying a treadmill. Do you use one? Do you like it? Does it help? Thanks for any input!!

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I bought a treadmill quite a few years ago and up until 4 years ago it was my primary cardio workout. The good thing bout treadmills is that your workout doesn't depend on the weather.

I don't use it very often any more as I've grown to enjoy running outdoors all year 'round. My kids still use it fairly regularly and I think it was a good investment.
  • PrincessNariko
    Options
    Love my treadmill. Because of it i now run 40-50 K's a week:heart:
  • shauna9909
    shauna9909 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my treadmill! I bought it in January (so it was to cold outside to walk) and I use it several days a week. I have kids (2 of my own, and 3 step kids) and its easy for me to get on the treadmill while they are home. I also do Zumba on my Xbox, and that is a bit challenging with kids running all around. I put my treadmill in front of the TV, and when the Bachelor was on (2 hour episodes) I would watch it and walk the whole time! If its not TV, my treadmill has the option to plug in my Ipod or phone and blast music, I think the music makes me work harder when I play a song that pumps me up. I hope you love your treadmill as much as I do!!
  • 2livebetter
    2livebetter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am buying one with up to 12% incline and up to 12 MPH. I'm not a runner so I would love some input. Do you start with walk/jog? Do you use it everyday? Thanks!!!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I only use the ones in the gym! But I do like that my running, as limited as that is, is not controlled by the weather or the pollen count! I'm considering getting one, once I have my own house.
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I bought a proform 1450 in January. I love it! It has ifit live on there and Jillian Michaels workouts. It's powered by google maps so you can go running in Hawaii, Europe, New York, etc. Anywhere! I love it.
  • Nbentz214
    Nbentz214 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am buying one with up to 12% incline and up to 12 MPH. I'm not a runner so I would love some input. Do you start with walk/jog? Do you use it everyday? Thanks!!!

Try walking on a treadmill at maybe 3.5 mph on a 12-15% incline. It looks like a piece of cake but its harder than you think! I think its a good way to get some cardio in if you are not use to running.