Kashi cereal

Options
your thoughts on Kashi cereal about

" GMOs, this particular cereal lists “soy protein” as an ingredient, acquired by using a hexane solvent. hexane, which is a byproduct of gasoline refining, a neurotoxin and a hazardous air pollutant. "

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING – DO NOT EAT KASHI CEREALS UNLESS YOUR GOAL IS FOR DETERIORATING OVERALL HEALTH!!!

"GMO products, which kashi cereals contain, are not recognized by the human body and can cause many diseases including cancer. Return all your kashi cereals to the store immediately as I am doing today and AGAIN DO NOT EAT ANY KASH CEREALS. Kashi has been lying to you for years by not staing that they use GMO ingredients on their package and stating that it is a natural, healthy cereal when they in FACT know it is not healthy. SHAME ON YOU KASHI – May you quickly go out of business as this word spreads!!! "

I read some complains in their website . I was thinking to try kashi cereal for the first time ... should I ?

I just want to know your opinion Thanks .

Replies

• oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Don't know much about it. Any sources other than the comment section of their site?
  • helloliss
    helloliss Posts: 43
    Options
    nop :( just the comments on the kashi website http://www.kashi.com/products/golean_original
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Don't know what to tell you then. I enjoy some of their cereals though. Based on limited information like that, it's not going to make me stop.
  • helloliss
    Options
    still I want to try kashi cereals , :p
  • caramelbaloney
    Options
    GMOs are not recognized by the body?? Lol, that doesn't even make sense. Food crop genetics have been modified since the beginning of agriculture; ever see the wild precursor to corn? And the more modern form of bio-engineered crops, more of what we refer to as "GMOs", have been in the food supply for the last 30 or more years, unlabeled and unnoticed. They are basically in everything without a "Non-GMO" sticker, though there is so much cross-contamination that even those labels are suspect. There is no scientific evidence that GMOs promote cancer or are even unhealthy. There are, however, many important questions about the environmental effects, though also no conclusive answers.

And hexane is used in soy protein extraction, though that doesn't mean it's in the food. Lots of nasty stuff is used in food processing, so if you want to go unprocessed, there are better cereal options. Try Uncle Sam, Ezekiel, or many granolas. Kashi is made by Kellogg's, so I wouldn't expect it to be the most natural choice.
  • helloliss
    Options
    GMOs are not recognized by the body?? Lol, that doesn't even make sense. Food crop genetics have been modified since the beginning of agriculture; ever see the wild precursor to corn? And the more modern form of bio-engineered crops, more of what we refer to as "GMOs", have been in the food supply for the last 30 or more years, unlabeled and unnoticed. They are basically in everything without a "Non-GMO" sticker, though there is so much cross-contamination that even those labels are suspect. There is no scientific evidence that GMOs promote cancer or are even unhealthy. There are, however, many important questions about the environmental effects, though also no conclusive answers.

And hexane is used in soy protein extraction, though that doesn't mean it's in the food. Lots of nasty stuff is used in food processing, so if you want to go unprocessed, there are better cereal options. Try Uncle Sam, Ezekiel, or many granolas. Kashi is made by Kellogg's, so I wouldn't expect it to be the most natural choice.

Thanks for the info Today I bought uncle sam cereal !! :p thanks