Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pills!

CallieM15
CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
Hahah no not diet pills :)

I am looking for a vitimin type that will help with my energy. Any recomendations? I work full time, college full time, and soon to be working in the ER a few nights a week. I cant be drinking coffee all day, mainly cause I dont have the ability to carry around coffee in the ER, but also cause i cant be running to bathroom breaks every few mins... I had a friend who took some kinda thing from GMC that helped him be more active, which did help with his weight loss cause he had more energy to work out and stuff, but it was more like a caffiene pill? I heard that B12 helps??

I wanna just find something that doesnt have a bad rep, that will keep me going through the day... Do you guys take anything? I take 3 Vitims a day, but thats mainly cause Im D defficent from living in Alaska, and A multi vit.

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Are you looking for Caffeine pills? They're at every drugstore.. really cheap too. Assuming you're in normal health, they're just like drinking a coffee, but more convenient. Just dont take more then 1 every 4 hours or so

Vitamin C megadose supplements do help some people... others have no effect. I suspect its more energy from a deficiency then anything else, but I do take them when im getting sick and it not only helps me get over it, but i feel more energetic too.
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    I'm not much of a help but don't take triple fat burn pill that has green, black, and white tea. The only vitamin I'm taking is women's one a day.
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Ginkgo Biloba
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    I take a multi, fish oil, D-3, B-12, garlic, magnesium, probiotic, and endotrim (from my doctor). Even in NY, I'm severely D-deficient, and I cannot get B-12 through my diet. I take it daily, but also get injections at the doctor's office.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    B vitamins help with energy. I personally take a daily multivitamin (women's one-a-day active metabolism) just because I have a hard time getting all of my nutrients from food. It has a little caffeine in it as well.

If you do choose to take that one, make sure you take it on a full stomach though... you'll be sick if you don't.
  • GNC BeWholesome Vitapacks, GNC Women's Ultra-Mega Active, Nature Made Stress-B Complex, and I've also taken Dicana which is a Thermogenic Metabolic booster. It has natural things like ginger in it that is stimulant free but it slightly raises your body temperature to keep your metabolism up without making you feel hungry. Those are just a few things that I keep around for energy. I've also taken Ginkgo Biloba to help while studying or when I'm in school/class. It increases the blood flow to your brain so that you retain more of the knowledge you are taking in. It helps with memory too.

Also, pre-workout supplements can be good for energy too. I have taken N.O. Xplode before workouts and also in place of coffee in the morning and it usually keeps me going all day after whether I workout or not. I prefer a supplement called Jack3d instead of N.O. xplode though. White Raspberry I think is the one I like the most.

You can find all of these at GNC, any local supplement place such as Super Supplements, Vitamin World, and sometimes even in the sports health/weight loss section of your grocery store or BodyBuilding.com.
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    I take b-complex for metabolism/energy. I get it from walgreens, they often have buy 1 get 1 specials.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    I recommend going to the doctor and having your vitamin levels checked. There are several vitamins that if you're deficient, will affect energy levels. Just take what you're deficient in.

Also, make sure you're getting enough sleep. It's amazing how that will help your energy levels.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    I recommend going to the doctor and having your vitamin levels checked. There are several vitamins that if you're deficient, will affect energy levels. Just take what you're deficient in.

Also, make sure you're getting enough sleep. It's amazing how that will help your energy levels.

Yea im going to go get blood work done in the next month... But as for enough sleep... 2 jobs and full time college student... Enough sleep wont come for a few years ;)
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    My wife and myself take Biobasics multivitamin (powder form).
    http://www.lifeplus.com/media/pdf/pisheets/US/6132-PI_EN.pdf

I tried several from the store shelf and never felt a difference, I do notice with this.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Read the book by Dr. James Wilson on Adrenal Fatigue.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Definitely adequate sleep (whatever that may be for you) helps and if you're concerned, some bloodwork could help. I know I don't sleep enough but a recent visit to the doctor showed I had very low vitamin D levels, too. You never know!