FRUIT HELP!

Options
what is the best fruit to eat? i want something that is filling and delicious? i also want to know what has the least amount of sugar. help!

Replies

• jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    well watermelon has natural sugars that are GOOD for you :] and they are sooo yummy i think i might go get some rite now :D
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    berries are lower in sugar i think

pineapple does the backwards cal thing, i think, its worth lookin up
  • visiologist
    Options
    Strawberries! High in anti-oxidants and you wouldn't believe how many it takes to equal a measly 100 calories!

MIke
  • Demetria
    Demetria Posts: 178
    Options
    All fruit is good and the sugar in fruit is fine for you. It is the processed, added, artificial sugar put into other foods that you have to worry about.

What exactly is concerning you regarding the amount of sugar?

Demetria
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I just cut up a mango and ate the whole thing. It was awesome!!! I wish I could have the other one, but that will be for tomorrow. I also like to cut up fresh pineapple, which I did yesterday, and then I like blueberries, strawberries, bananas, the cherries off my tree, uh, yeah, I love fruit!!! And veggies. Fruits and veggies are my favorite foods. Which, is why I don't understand why i'm fat. but I guess it's because I love carbs and pasta too! :bigsmile: :ohwell:
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just ate almost an entire pound of strawberries yum yum yum:love:
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    loathesome: what is the backwards cal thing??? for pineapple
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options

pineapple does the backwards cal thing, i think, its worth lookin up

what does this mean?
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    It means that pineapple is so low in calories that your body burns more digesting it than what's in the actual food.
    They're called backwards calories, negative calories, etc.
  • Tigger1968
    Options
    ohhh that sooooo rocks! I love me some pineapple!!! MMMM going to get a fresh one now!:tongue:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I just ate a peach :) and I could eat my weight in grapes! Don't know the sugar content on either, but I have been eating lots of fruit and I am still losing weight consistently. I'm kind of wondering what the big fuss is lately over too much sugar...I'm losing weight, an I'm not diabetic, so is it a big deal that I'm eating a bunch of natural (fruit) sugars?
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It means that pineapple is so low in calories that your body burns more digesting it than what's in the actual food.

Hmmmm, but pineapple is high in sugars (albeit natural) :huh:

me confused :ohwell:
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Can't go wrong with a nice crispy apple, good fiber, dense so it is filling, not too sweet that you need more than you should, crunchy so it feels more satisfying. Add some peanut butter for protein to make it even better.

My second fav is frozen grapes, but gotta watch the amount.
  • wayneb
    wayneb Posts: 3
    Options
    Backwards calories are a myth. It was proven on several shows including one on the food network. There are 70 cals in a cup of pineapple. Celery was the most commonly thought food to be backwards because there is 10calories per stalk. However even that was proven false to the backwards theory. I believe they showed it took 8 calories to eat it and it was 10 calories total leaving you with 2 calories. On general most fruits are good for you and don't be overly concerned with the sugar. It is good to balance your fruit and vegetables though. Mango is probably my favorite but hard to find good mango in the states after eating it fresh from the tree in Kenya
  • foxyforce
    Options
    Backwards calories are a myth. It was proven on several shows including one on the food network. There are 70 cals in a cup of pineapple. Celery was the most commonly thought food to be backwards because there is 10calories per stalk. However even that was proven false to the backwards theory. I believe they showed it took 8 calories to eat it and it was 10 calories total leaving you with 2 calories. On general most fruits are good for you and don't be overly concerned with the sugar. It is good to balance your fruit and vegetables though. Mango is probably my favorite but hard to find good mango in the states after eating it fresh from the tree in Kenya

my perception of backwards cals are that while they are still cals, they help you maintain your weight...and i got this off of this site

http://www.philippineherbalmedicine.org/pineapple.htm

"Pineapple contains micro-nutrients that experts believe protects against cancer and this micro-nutrients also break up blood clots and is beneficial to the heart. The ripe pineapple has diuretic properties. It also relieves intestinal disorders and soothes the bile. Pineapple juice contains chemicals that stimulates the kidneys and aids in removing toxic elements in the body.

Pineapple contains a mixture of enzymes called bromelain.... If eaten during or after meals, the enzymes will be utilized for digesting food."

so in my expert opinion (thats a joke btw, harhar) it is even better than those cleansing diets! (due to the aide in removing toxins!)
  • cellorocker
    Options

I didn't think it was true, I was just explaining the backwards calories.
    I know that celery is a negative food...

But you can't really consider it a negative food, because your 2000 maintenance calories INCLUDE digesting your food, talking, etc.
    So I would still log it.
  • foxyforce
    Options

I didn't think it was true, I was just explaining the backwards calories.
    I know that celery is a negative food...

But you can't really consider it a negative food, because your 2000 maintenance calories INCLUDE digesting your food, talking, etc.
    So I would still log it.

yeah, i agree. i log everything, even non cal sweeteners cause they have other things in them
  • ChaChaMommy
    Options
    I like all fruits too....but a friend of mine shared how she freezes grapes! They make wonderful little icey snacks that way! :flowerforyou:
  • Demetria
    Demetria Posts: 178
    Options
    I like all fruits too....but a friend of mine shared how she freezes grapes! They make wonderful little icey snacks that way! :flowerforyou:

My 2 boys and I love our grapes frozen too! The older one likes the red ones more and I like the green ones more.

Demetria
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    i mustve froze my grapes wrong :laugh: :laugh: because i was told about it...tried it out and couldnt eat more than half of a grape...i thought it was so ick lol....but my fav fruits are apples....I fill up on one apple for a snack and on avg has about 75 calories in it.....i dont really worry about natural sugars because as long as they arent man made i figure its good for u....i also :love: cherries :bigsmile: