shoes

Options
Vodkha
Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
I am looking to purchase a decent pair of shoes for my circuit training and walking/running. There are soooo many kinds out there! I am wondering what kind you all wear and if they last for a long time? I'm really hard on shoes, so if I'm going to be spending 100$+, I'd like them to be around for awhile!

Replies

• peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to any replies, too. I will be buying a pair of shoes next week for walking and running, and I don't mind paying $$$ as long as they are worth it, but I am kinda overwhelmed with all the choices.

There is a Fleet Feet near me and I plan to go there to have them measure/analyze my feet/stride, but I'd like to have a clue before I walk in there! :)
  • daffy_girl
    Options
    I asked this question too. The first thing you have to do is get your feet fitted to the right shoe. I went with Brooks. I went to runners world and answered some questions and they recommended the shoe for me.

Here you go...http://www.runnersworld.com/shoeadvisor
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I agree wtih Daffy-

Go and get fitted for the right shoe. Everyone's foot is different, as well as their gait.

I finally went and got fitted- tried on 5 different brands and found the perfect fit for me!

It's easier to part with the $ when you know it's truely an investment in your health.

:bigsmile:
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You say you are hard on shoes. Here's a pro-tip: if you buy shoes for running, only use them for running! Don't use them as the kick around shoes for Saturday errands or what not. Keep track of your mileage. When they need to be replaced, throw them in the washer and let them dry and then they become your almost new looking kick around shoes. Using your workout shoes elsewhere is the fastest way to wear them out. Trust me on this. :)