What do you do when...

Options
... you have been using an analogue scale all along (which is calibrated)... then use a battery-operated digital scale that is about 5+ years old and it weighs you in at 20 lbs. MORE? Seriously! I checked against BOTH! Several times!

I'm leaning toward chucking the digital in the trash and staying analogue! :laugh:

Replies

• danaanlugh
    Options
    ... you have been using an analogue scale all along (which is calibrated)... then use a battery-operated digital scale that is about 5+ years old and it weighs you in at 20 lbs. MORE? Seriously! I checked against BOTH! Several times!

I'm leaning toward chucking the digital in the trash and staying analogue! :laugh:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    any scale that makes you weigh more should be chucked into the trash! :laugh:
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I agree! Trash it!

That same thing happened to me. But I had bought a new digital scale and didn't want to toss something I'd just spent money on :tongue: What I did was up all my entries x number of pounds, so my goal got bigger but I had still lost the same.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    any scale that makes you weigh more should be chucked into the trash! :laugh:

In fact, any scale deserves it.

(sorry, anti-scale bias)

I'd go with consistency, and just try to figure out how much you've lost. If you have a weight plate, or a set of dumbbells, weigh them to see if the scales are accurate. Also, forgive my preaching here, buy a tape measure if you haven't already. :flowerforyou: