Should I really eat that??

Options
rowlandk
rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
I did the calculations on the Fat 2 Fit Radio to find out how many calories per day I should be eating. I currently weigh 190.4 pounds, my goal weight is 143 pounds. I work out at a boot camp type class every morning for an hour (Kosama) 6 days a week. My BMR is 1666 according to the calcuations done at the beginning of Kosama and my body fat % is 39.9%, lean body mass is 114 pounds. According to Fat 2 Fit Radio, I should be consuming at least 2,260 calories per day to lose weight. THAT SEEMS LIKE SO MUCH FOOD! Is that really right? Will I gain a ton of weight if I try eating like this? I will continue to eat healthy food, but when I was stuck at 1200 calories before, this seems incredibly high and if I gain back some of the weight I've tried so hard to lose I will be heartbroken. Can anyone give me some advice?

Replies

• cupcakealli87
    Options
    You burn so much, and your metabolism is working, so you will still lose weight. I wouldn't recommend doing boot camp while only eating lightly :smile:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    If the population only ate 2200 calories a day we wouldn't have the obesity problem we do now.
  • rowlandk
    Options
    I did notice on my first couple of days at Kosama that I was very weak, which is the reason I bumped it up in the first place. I had moved it up to 1500 and was feeling better but then I saw a post on here about using the Fat to Fit site to calculate how many you should have so I tried it. It just seems like such an insane amount of food. Maybe I will try it for a week or two and if I gain I will just back it down?
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    You should NOT be eating below your BMR, so upping your calories was a good idea but you should be eating more. For your activity level, 2200 calories sounds right.
  • rowlandk
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me! I will try the 2,260 and see how I feel and what my results are.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Would you care to share your results? MFP has me at 1200 calories per day, but I am trying to eat closer to 1400-1500 since I started Kosama last week. I am still having a hard time getting in that many calories. Did you really bump yours up to the 2000 calorie range? How did things end up for you? I have no way of knowing what my true calorie burn is b/c I do not yet have a Heart Rate Monitor, so I am guessing low at around 500 per session.