Raw egg with brown rice?

Options
is it okay to eat raw egg with brown rice? I know Japanese eat raw egg over white rice for breakfast and it seems pretty healthy. I'm getting super lazy and dont feel like making food. :D

Replies

• blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    I would be very hesitant to eat a raw egg due to the risk of salmonella.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat raw egg unless I knew the farmer and the chicken it came from. I don't trust store bought dairy enough, sometimes they don't get them in the cooler when they are supposed to.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    wow if you are to lazy to cook an egg you should really buy microwave meals.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    you have to cook the brown rice, right? that takes a heck of a lot longer than scrambling an egg

I scramble eggs on sunday and divide for 2-3 servings. then I micro them during the week for egg sandwiches.
  • mhengen
    mhengen Posts: 1
    Options
    If you're too lazy to cook an egg, you have some definite problems. Take you brown rice, mix your egg into it and stick it in the microwave. Instant fried rice without the oil.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    It is as long as the rice &/or other ingredients are hot enough to cook the egg. My favorite Japanese meal is "bin n bob" where it's rice, seaweed, shredded cucumber, carrot, lettuce, and an egg cracked over the top. Sometimes the meals come in very hot bowls. Just make sure you stir it thuroughly & that it's not left raw. :smile:
  • dachinababe
    Options
    thank you all very much, i didnt end up eat the raw egg, a little too grossed out when i stirred it in my brown rice lmao.. instead i had some grilled lean beef and some broccoli. i guess i will try it over steam hot white rice next time. my friend told me it was healthy so i wanted to try it lol..
  • dachinababe
    Options
    that sounds delish I'm going to have to try that soon.
  • jojogirl
    jojogirl Posts: 99
    Options
    After the rice is cooked, crack an egg into it. The heat from the rice will automatically cook your egg. Or when your heating the rice in the microwave, the egg will cook. Try it...
  • vho1117
    vho1117 Posts: 3
    Options
    eating it while i searched online to input my calories... its fine, the heat from the brown rice cooks it, its kinda like sushi without the fish part. Its part of a daily culture in japan to eat that for breakfast every morning.
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Tamago kake gohan is safe, wash your egg beforehand. If you live Europe, I honestly wouldn't trust it. The amount of salmonella left on eggs in the US is very very low due to the washing process.

I overcooked my rice when I made it so it was pretty tasteless, make sure to add soy sauce and salt though....