if you keep eating like this you will be.....in 5 weeks, NOP

Options
So when you close out your log for the day and it tells you you will be X weight in 4-5weeks if every day was like that day. Well how come it says that just about every day and my scale is not moving down or it moves up?.... i have been logging for a few months now and my weight has not changed, in the last yr i have lost 48lbs now its more like 41lbs, im not sure if my body is just stuck or what, i have switched up my foods and yeah i do have a "off limit" snack like once a week but even with that my food cals are in check for the workouts i do. after the major loss i was trying to get back to a "normal" (still real clean at home cooking with the once a week eat out) healthy life style and not be so concerned with the scale but the extra lbs that i have gained really make me mad, the only thing i can think of is it has been winter and i have not been so outside active even though i work out 6-7 days a week, in the summer i hike a mountain about every weekend 6+hrs a hike, im sure that helps and im just hoping in the next few months it falls off again. but i am just really dumb founded about being in check on MFP and not losing :(
does anyone have any suggestions?
thanks

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    So when you close out your log for the day and it tells you you will be X weight in 4-5weeks if every day was like that day. Well how come it says that just about every day and my scale is not moving down or it moves up?.... i have been logging for a few months now and my weight has not changed, in the last yr i have lost 48lbs now its more like 41lbs, im not sure if my body is just stuck or what, i have switched up my foods and yeah i do have a "off limit" snack like once a week but even with that my food cals are in check for the workouts i do. after the major loss i was trying to get back to a "normal" (still real clean at home cooking with the once a week eat out) healthy life style and not be so concerned with the scale but the extra lbs that i have gained really make me mad, the only thing i can think of is it has been winter and i have not been so outside active even though i work out 6-7 days a week, in the summer i hike a mountain about every weekend 6+hrs a hike, im sure that helps and im just hoping in the next few months it falls off again. but i am just really dumb founded about being in check on MFP and not losing :(
    does anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks

One of the major problems is overestimating calories burned and underestimating calories consumed.

I became aware earlier on of somebody who was convinced that one particular activity they were partaking in was burning over 1100 calories per hour - when it was nearer 500 - massive difference.

Watch you weigh everything so that you get the correct calories for the food. If you use cups they may be way off.

Don't use the exercise calories estimated on MFP, they can be way over and if you are a person who eats all of their calories back, you may be taking in more than you are burning off.
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Watch you weigh everything so that you get the correct calories for the food. If you use cups they may be way off.

Agreed! And also remember to weigh food even if the serving size says things like "1 slice" or "1 of whatever". Sometimes 1 piece of something actually exceeds the serving size weight listed next to it. sometimes it's probably insignificant enough, but it could add up.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    It's simply a math calculation. If weight loss were based of nothing but numbers, it would be perfectly accurate, but I think you know that isn't the case. So don't be too worried about that.
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    How are your body measurements. Muscle weight can offset fat loss weight. Are you more toned with 41 lbs down than you were at the 48 lbs down? Its possible.
    :glasses:
  • Jennifer_b
    Options
    i do weigh all my chicken and turkey to 6oz raw and try to measure everything out, the recipes i make i enter them all in with the bar code on the package. i pretty much make 4 meals on sunday night for dinner and i keep my breakfast and lunch the same, egg and slice of 45cal bread and fruit, lunch is greek yogurt or 1% cottage cheese with fruit and melba toast or wasa cracker. snacks are protein shakes, fat free milk, raw no salt mixed fancy nuts, TLC bars, pure protein bars.
    as far as work outs go i know my 60min at the gym is never over 550 cals and i split my treadmill cals with what the MFP says since MFP is always higher then my treadmill. i never add the dog walks i take or house cleaning stuff.
    i really want to look into getting a fit bit tracker but not sure if it will be much help. i also take some fat burners and all the other vits out there. im trying to stay close to my weight loss foods with out feeling so much like im on a diet.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I just laugh!!! there's no way that it's correct, but I can dream!!!
  • Jennifer_b
    Options
    i wish that was the case but i pulled out some summer clothes from last summer, at my lowest and it seems all the weight has gone to my legs as they are tight but my waist seems to be the same. i always gain first in my upper leg area/butt
  • frankrca
    frankrca Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your weather in the Denver area looks like you can get out and do the outdoor fun activities and then the changes will occur. Temperatures rose so I could do more outside and automatically the weight started dropping. Keep moving - I think the fresh air takes off more