question for anyone who gets waxed regularly ...

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
i have a few questions, maybe someone can help. (and yes, laser removal will be down the line, but right now, that's not possible)

I get a regular brazilian through spring/summer every year, but i'm running into a few issues ..

~ timing of maintenance ... how often do you get it redone? I've been doing it every six weeks and it sucks. first 2 weeks are great. next two weeks is stubly, last two weeks of growout sucks. is it possible to get it down when its shorter? or does it really need such a growout? while waxed is awesome, shaving does keep it smoother, although you have to do it everyday. but at least you wno't have 4 weeks of grow out

~ year round? ... do you think i'm screwing up all the long term benefits of waxing by only doing it 6 months out of every year?

Replies

• Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    **grabs popcorn, and sits back** :love:
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I think I can better help you out if I can see pix...... *waits*:bigsmile:
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I figured I should write something since there are little pervs on here. haha. I do not regularly wax but I do regularly shave and feel waxing has more benefits. Consult your esthetician and see if you can go in more often, maybe once every 4-5 weeks.
  • my2boiz
    my2boiz Posts: 89
    Options
    i could never do waxing. I did however get the laser hair removal. It hurts probably 10x worse. It also takes anywhere from 6 to 8 treatments for the hair to be gone and it does require a little bit of up keep in the years to come. The good news is its not that expensive!!! Look on your local website for half off coupons for your local hair removal locations. Mine has them all the time. I got a 1,000 treatment for 500. Add up the cost of your waxing each summer and its probably not too far off. That is, assuming the cost is what is holding you back. Just wanted to share my opinion. :)
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I would say every 4-5 weeks between waxing works just fine. I am not sure that waiting months between visits would make that much of a difference. It might hurt just as bad as the first time when you get back to having it done, but you can do stuff to alleviate some of the pain. The hair should be around 1/4 inch long, take some ibuprofen 30 minutes before hand, go soon after the start of your menstrual cycle and go to someone who knows what they are going.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    i could never do waxing. I did however get the laser hair removal. It hurts probably 10x worse. It also takes anywhere from 6 to 8 treatments for the hair to be gone and it does require a little bit of up keep in the years to come. The good news is its not that expensive!!! Look on your local website for half off coupons for your local hair removal locations. Mine has them all the time. I got a 1,000 treatment for 500. Add up the cost of your waxing each summer and its probably not too far off. That is, assuming the cost is what is holding you back. Just wanted to share my opinion. :)
    I'm curious about your response. Why do you say "I could never do waxing" - especially if laser hurts 10x worse? I thought the biggest negative of waxing was the pain? Is there another negative to waxing? (sorry, I'm asking out of ignorance - don't know much about waxing, except that "You look like a man-o-lantern" was one of the funniest lines in a movie I've heard in awhile).
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I think I can better help you out if I can see pix...... *waits*:bigsmile:

Agreed.
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I may have to try this for the summer and let y'all know how it goes. I'm sure it's not nearly as painful as natural childbirth.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I waxed - not Brazilian - for 10+ years without ibuprofen or other pain meds. Get a good practitioner who holds the skin taught during and applies gentle pressure immediately after pulling the wax. Followed by cold compresses for a good half hour.

Supposedly the growth gets lighter in volume as you wax more consistently - the follicles get damaged and quit producing hair.

And it's a cake walk compared to natural childbirth.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Why does having pubic hair worry you so much that you have to go through a painful and worrying process to have it artificially removed?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Why does having pubic hair worry you so much that you have to go through a painful and worrying process to have it artificially removed?

Girls who wear bikinis don't want it to look like they are smuggling a long hair chihuahua in it.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I think it's probably better to go year round if you can. I know it can get expensive though. I'm one of those summer time waxers as well. As far as time goes, I'd talk to your waxer about it. I remember being told the best length once before but can't remember what it was.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options

Girls who wear bikinis don't want it to look like they are smuggling a long hair chihuahua in it.

:laugh:
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

LMAO!!! so true.
  • denveralexis
    denveralexis Posts: 30 Member
    Options

literally just died laughing, omg you seriously just made my day with that.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options

:sad: :laugh:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I use waxing for my martial arts training. It's intense!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCQGWFkgr_mYk8L3XrZv7KDhSn4eh3rSQbivOyaz06fHShQitu0Q
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options

FTW
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I get waxed every 4 - 5 weeks and year round. I find that every 4 weeks keeps it from getting too unruly, and makes it less painful. . .
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I'm holding out hope that I will find a girl that does. :love: