im new. any P90Xers?

Options
2»

Replies

• DMoIrish13
    Options
    I did P90X a couple of years ago. Went on vacation, and it was hard to get back to it fully. I started it a few times, but then it seemed I got bored with it. Looking back, I think I was just lazy. Loved it when I did it though. I am now on day 4 of Insanity. WOW!! That is some tough stuff. I am 6'1" and 264, looking to get down to around 215. Eating has been my biggest problem. I like pretty much anything. Feel free to add me if you want encouragement. Lord knows I could use it too. Good luck to everybody.
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Over been doing p90x off and on since the program came out years ago. I'm currently on they last phase of the classic version! Great program! Super tough but oh so effective! I definitely feel stronger, my muscle are really beautifully defined and have lost close to 15 lbs.
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    Hey, I started P90X about two weeks ago and have so far lost about 8 pounds! I wish you luck with P90X and I would be happy to try and motivate you!
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I completed the program last year...loved it...well other then Tony Horton talking about how great he is all the time lol...i've modified things as well..used resistance bands until they got too easy...and the yoga...I substituted that with yoga fountain of youth also by Tony Horton...great benefits and not the hour and a half that yoga x is...feel free to add...i'm doing Insanity at the moment....I love to motivate and be positive
  • hxcburrito
    Options
    ive noticed that about tony horton. " you can do this if its easier for you, but im gonna do this...." and i hate his smile when he is still working and everyone else has stopped and got some water and wiped the sweat off

other then that, i love it. im only on day 3, and im more sore after doing plyometrics then after an 8 hr day of rough framing
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone... i appreciate the feedback.

Just looking around online and i hadnt read of anyone " just starting" and beginning with P90X. all the success stories of people who had significant weight loss all seemed to start with another program and graduated to P90X. so i was wondering if i was asking too much of myself.

like i said before, i plan to keep it up, at my own pace, and increase intensity each day as much as possible.
  • jcduguay
    jcduguay Posts: 1
    Options
    I did P90X about a year ago and really had fun with it. Just started doing Insanity by Beach Body, but don't like it as much as P90X so I'm mixing the two now.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I started out with jillian michaels workouts then did p90x. That seemed to build me up for it and I completed 2 full rounds of it now I'm doing x2. Feel free to friend me to help out
  • mrsfoose
    mrsfoose Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm in phase 3 week 3 of the Lean program. It never really gets any easier since you're always improving and increasing the reps and weights, I have to say that I feel a huge difference in my fitness level from the beginning until now. It's super addictive! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • MrsSherrill
    Options
    i also just started P90X last week. I honestly dont think that they are that hard. i like them and was so scared to try doing them before bc of everything i have heard but once i did them i was like "ohh, well that wasnt as hard as i thought" but of course..... i had no idea what was in store for me the next day! lol. although im pretty active and it didnt seem hard i was sooooo sore the next day and still sore a week later. going through the motions doesnt seem hard to me, i enjoy them actually. but i havent done them all yet. i did one of the chest and arms or something like that which i didnt care for but i think its bc my resistance band was the issue, im sure if i used the actual weights i would have felt the burn a little more. but i have done CardioX, KenpoX and Plyometrics and love them... until the day after i do them of course. lol. but im just doing them to be active and burn calories, im not doing the strict workout plan the way they say to or the diet that came with it. i just do whatever i feel that day. I can already start to see a difference in areas i wasnt working on or seeing before P90X.
  • indig
    indig Posts: 2
    Options
    I have just started the p90x and I am definitly feeling the pain. Before I started the p90x I was an enthusiast at the gym going at least 4 times a week. Definitely recommend the p90x to anyone and if your not sore your not "bringing it". Before I started p90x I lost 1 stone in three months and this was not done by going to the gym regularly but my diet, I went to the gym for a while and lost hardly anything and saw no results so i changed my diet and that's when the results started showing and the weight loss was notice able. Diet really is key.
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I love P90x add me if u like