METFORMIN HELP NEEDED...false positive?

Options
please someone tell me if you had a false positive pregnancy test due to metformin medication!
I just took a test and have a faint line along side a normal line, boyfriend checked it to make sure Im not goin crazy and he could see it too. Please don't be scared to say the truth id rather know now as we thought we'd have a long struggle ahead of us and this is our first month trying!
Help
thank you in advance! X

Replies

• elly68
    elly68 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    hi georgie, metformin only changes sugar level ,repeat the test with first pee in the morning as the protein that shows pregnancy will be higher in concentration and so should give a definitive answer if still weak positive contact gp for help. good luck x
  • GeorgieT23
    Options
    Thanks elly, was to scared to look on Google, but caved in and its saying same thing as you!
    Ill test again tomorrow and report back! X
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You can't get a false positive sweetie x
  • saraparris82
    Options
    The only thing I can think it might be is an evap line. Test again in the morning, any positive results will be strongest then. Or get a digital, there's no way to misread that.

Go to peeonastick.com to learn more about evaps.
  • GeorgieT23
    Options
    Thanks ladies ill report back tomorrow x
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    the first time I was late enough to justify taking a test I had the same problem I couldn't tell so I got one of those that show the words pregnant or not pregnant. Took us 3 months with baby number 1 and only 1 month of trying with baby number two, doctor thought it was take forever because of my PCOS so maybe you just got lucky. crossing my finger you get the answer you want.
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    not sure about this, but want to see the results when you find out......so...BUMP! :smile:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    no. a positive line means positive, even if it very faint. good luck!
  • sharynSmith
    sharynSmith Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Agree with others - metformin will not cause you to have a false positive test. It's either a positive or an evap line. Retest in the morning to make sure :)
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with the other posters. After 5 years of trying I got a faint positive line and couldn't believe but I went and bought a digi test so I could be sure. I wanted to see the "pregnant" or "not pregnant". I swear it seem like forever for the results to come up(lol) but it read "pregnant".
    I hope you have a positive on your hands! Can't wait to hear the news
  • GeorgieT23
    Options
    Good morning ladies thanks for your responses!
    I feel blessed to say that the second test came out positive!
    Now like a fool Im now worrying that because i have PCOS the risk of miscarriage is much higher than the average person. Doctors on Monday!
    Still Im going to buy one of the digital ones because like anderia and minkakross i want to see it written there! Pregnant!
  • BackToPreBaby
    Options
    Congratulations!

I conceived with pcos as well unexpectedly and happy to say I have an amazing 2 year old!

Baby dust and cheers to a healthy 9 months!
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • StephySands
    Options
    Go get a digital test. I'm on metformin and we had a positive during my first month on pills. Plus if you take it in another day and you are pregnant the HCG hormone will be higher so you shouldn't get a faint line it would be more vivid. However, I like the digital tests much, much better it tells you "Pregnat" or "Not Pregnant" LOVE IT . Good luck and congratulations :smile:
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! Woot! Woot! How exciting! :happy:

I had the same worries soon after my postive. I'm gladly to say everything turned out well. My son is notw 2 turning 22

*stick baby stick* :smile:
    I have PCOS as well so if you need a friend feel free to add me!
  • GeorgieT23
    Options
    The second test i did today was visibly a little darker. Will get digital test over the weekend and visit my gp next week.
    Feels surreal i can't believe it just yet!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Dont panic just takes things easy xxx
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    congrats glad to be off help ,to be honest i would save the money for the other test for the first bag of nappiesx
    when we did our test 11 years ago my hubby wanted to know why it didnt come up with a smiley face or a sad face lol
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I can't even tell you how happy I am for you. i remember how unreal it all felt that first time after wanting a baby for so long. I had my now 5 year old when I was 35 and I had been wanting her since I was closer to 25. It was and will continue to be the most wonderful time of my life even with all the worry about how my PCOS might affect her development and wondering if I would pass this curse on to her. I hope you have the best and most joyful pregnancy ever!