Breakfast early or later?

Options
I have always heard/read that it's best to eat breakfast relatively quickly after you wake up. Until I started this process, I was never really a breakfast eater but I have been eating religously and have definately gotten into the habit. However a few months ago I started a new job which requires me to get up much earlier, so I have been eating breakfast at 5:30 and not having lunch until 12. Needless to say, even with a snack that is a long time. Is it ok to wait to have breakfast, bring it to work and eat a few hours after getting up or better to eat right away and then need two snacks before lunch? Thanks for your input.

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    If you're controlling your calories regardless, it simply does not matter from a weight loss/body composition perspective. Eat when you want to. Your body is super at compensating for any missed or skipped meals.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    If you're controlling your calories regardless, it simply does not matter from a weight loss/body composition perspective. Eat when you want to. Your body is super at compensating for any missed or skipped meals.

^ That.
  • Hatedabears
    Hatedabears Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I try to eat as late in the morning as possible. Usually around 9:30-10:00 and all is well. It also stops me from getting super hungry and bingeing
  • healthy_skinny_witch
    healthy_skinny_witch Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try to eat when you really hungry. For example I don't eat breakfast. I eat Branch. I tried to eat breakfast, but I feel very bad after it, because my body still sleeping or not ready for food. So I have variations in time - I eat my branch in 1.5 - 3hr after wake up, and it very light, some yoghurt, nuts, fruits, tea with honey or coffee. I took small plate and put everything on it. If it fit there I eat. Something, what not fit on plate, I do not eat :))
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I usually wake up hungry, but I make myself wait until I get to work to eat breakfast. It help with that time between breakfast and lunch if it's shorter! LOL
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

^ That.

Ditto. I eat when I'm hungry. Some days that's right when I wake up, some days it's not for a few hours.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Eat when you are hungry, some mornings I'm ravenous others I can go until 10:00. I always down a glass of water and have some coffee.
  • lisanxd
    lisanxd Posts: 93
    Options
    I don't eat until work, which is a habit I'm trying to break.. but based on the responses here it doesn't sound so bad. I thought it was better to eat and get your metabolism going though. I sometimes am hungry but just don't make the time to eat before I leave my house. There is often a gap of 4-5 hours between when I wake up and when I eat (since I have a long commute and usually forget until I've been at work a bit).
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I get up around 5 to workout, come home to shower then get breakfast on the table so I'm usually eating by around 7 or so. If I go any later than that I'm thinking of chewing my own arm off! I don't think it really matters what time you eat. You eat when you are hungry and your body tells you to!