30 Day Shred

Options
Could someone please tell me what the 30 day shred is please? Prob a silly question but I'm still new to all this lol

Replies

• egiakatt
    egiakatt Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It is a video... Jillian Michaels did. I just ordered it and can hardly wait to get started :)
  • Squanje_83
    Squanje_83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Searched...found......ordered and on it's way! haha Thank you
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    It divided into 3 levels. You start with level one, do it for 10 days and then move on to the next level. I start level 2 on saturday. I take a rest day so I usually do an extra day on each level.
  • egiakatt
    Options
    She has one called ripped in 30 days, I ordered that one to follow up with. If you would like, I will start mine when you start yours and we can give one another support? Let me know if you are interested in doing that. Have a good day
  • Squanje_83
    Options
    She has one called ripped in 30 days, I ordered that one to follow up with. If you would like, I will start mine when you start yours and we can give one another support? Let me know if you are interested in doing that. Have a good day

That will be brilliant! I'll add u and let u know when it comes Thank you :smile:
  • egiakatt
    Options
    Great!!
  • WinwillLose
    WinwillLose Posts: 101
    Options
    Jillian's video's got me started exercising again, now I'm back in group classes and loving it. She is my go to when I don't have time for a longer workout....
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Squanje_83 there's a group for those of us starting the 30DS on April 1! My DVD just shipped today, so I'm excited to get it! You'll need 3# and 5# weights with it (from what I can tell).
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Just put a hold on the library copy of 30 day shred so I can try it before I spend the money. I'm excited to give it a go even though Jillian's voice drives me a litttle nutty I'll deal with it to drop a few pounds and tighten up.
  • LaylaSparkles
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred yesterday....It is great. I find its a good start to exercising if you are out of shape or havent exercised in a while.

Let me know if you are all going to start a group. I would love to be a part of it.
  • bja1039
    bja1039 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have gone through both the 30 Day Shred and the Ripped in 30 DVDs. I will say that I completely love Ripped in 30 way more than 30 Day Shred. Here are my two reasons why: in 30 Day Shred, the woman that does the advanced moves cheats! I didn't notice until Level 2, but she doesn't do the moves the advanced way the whole time. In fact, Jillian even calls her out on it at one point. Also, the 3 minutes of strength consist of 30 seconds of one move and 1 minute of another x2. It's actually hard to always do that full minute. In Ripped in 30, she does 3 different strength moves for 30 seconds each x2. I know I sound picky, but those two things made a big difference for me. Good luck with whichever one you choose- I say try both! You'll get great results with Jillian no matter what!
  • judybrim
    judybrim Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you ordered the 30 Day Shred! I've done that program and had fantastic results and have continued on to Jillian's Extreme Shed and Shred, No More Trouble Zones, and Banishing Fat and Boosting Metabolism! I love them just as much and rotate through them every 3 days. I've lost 45 lbs and lots of inches - from a 40" waist to a 32". I credit that to Jillian and mfp....a super combination! So, get right on that when it comes in and you will see results really quickly! Good luck and have lots of fun! You'll feel great when the pounds and inches come off! ....Judy (feel free to add me if you'd like! I'd love to encourage you through the journey!)
  • lisseth82
    lisseth82 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm currently doing the video myself. I did it for 9days straight now I'm following this recommended version below: This was from another person's thread. My knees feel so much better doing it way.

Jillian had a question in a podcast about how often to do it and her answer was...
    2 days of 30DS one day cardio 2 days of 30 DS and one cardio then a rest day. She said the name was more so what her marketing people came up with since each level is meant to be 10 days (just not 10 straight) thats marketing for you!
    Not saying not to do 30 days straight if you want but she was very adamant about how important it is to have a rest day. Just thought I'd let you all know :-)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/532781-30-day-shred-and-what-jillian-says
  • jenmulholland
    Options
    I am starting 30 Day Shred April 1st. Praying it works. Have a goal by Memorial Day and hoping that it will help me reach it. Anyone what to do it with me?
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    You will love it. It only takes 22 min from start to finish. An awesome workout.
  • shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Squanje_83 there's a group for those of us starting the 30DS on April 1! My DVD just shipped today, so I'm excited to get it! You'll need 3# and 5# weights with it (from what I can tell).

where is this group? i wanna join! :D
  • Millefleur
    Millefleur Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm just in the middle of it now, as in literally Day 1 and I've just had to stop after the second circuit because I'm so unfit and feel nauseous! :/ But I WILL start the last circuit in the next 5 minutes.

Does anyone have a link to the April 1st start group/thread, assuming it's open for newcomers? I'm away that weekend and back late that night but I'd like to jump in on the 2nd and try to fit it in everyday until then.

Also, any idea what to put it down as in the exercise tab?
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I was just looking it up and read all sorts of knee injury posts. I'm scared to do this video now.
  • Squanje_83
    Options
    Thank u I'll be sure to get the weights in ready! Would love to start on the 1st! Where can I find the group?
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I was just looking it up and read all sorts of knee injury posts. I'm scared to do this video now.

The first time I did it I killed my knees, but as another person said on this forum, if you don't do it every day you will be fine. Jillian never intended it to be done for 30 straight days. It is recommended to do 2 days of 30 ds then one cardio day, then two days of the shred, followed by a cardio day, then a rest day. The idea is to do each level for 10 days. When I start again on April 1 I personally will be doing it every other day.