what gives???

Options
So this week I upped my exercise, never went over my calories (actually stay at least 130 below to allot for any figuring errors), drank all my water, and didn't lose an ounce. SO FRUSTRATING! I've only been doing this for 3 weeks and have been losing 1.5 lbs per week, so surely I haven't hit a plateau already. Plus I upped the exercise so that should prevent that anyway. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Replies

• fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Maybe you have gained muscle and lost fat at the same time! The scale doesn't always tell everything. I've learned not to obsess over my weight too much. As long as you're eating right, exercising, and logging EVERYTHING (even those tiny candies), then you're doing everything you can and soon your hard work will pay off. If not with the scale, then in other ways. Maybe you can lift 20 more pounds than you usually can. Maybe you can do a huge number of sit-ups or push-ups. Keep doing what you've already been doing, and you'll be fine!

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your body stops doing what it's been doing because it needs time to catch up with the suddenness of the demands you are making on it. You can't allow yourself to get frustrated so quickly into the plan.
    I always like to ask the following: how are your clothes fitting? and how are YOU FEELING??? The answers usually reveal a different curve entirely, and eye opening!

Things will pick up again soon, don't worry, and for heavens sake don't stop. This is a lifelong decision you've made - you can't dictate the terms. STick with it, and WELCOME!! :flowerforyou:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You say you are losing 1.5 lbs per week, which is in the healthy range. I wouldn't try to lose more than that. Weight loss can be painfully slow--but it's the "lifestyle change"--going slow will make the change more sustainable. :flowerforyou:
  • blessing98
    Options
    Thank you. Your positive thoughts and motivation are great!