Avid walker/Ripped in 30

Options
I am an avid walker who walks/run at least 3 miles a day/6 days a week.
I have also started doing Ripped in 30 in addition to that, I need to strengthen and tone.
Is this too much exercise in day?

Does anyone do Ripped in 30 and only that? I feel like I get a good workout out of it, but I also like to do an extended period of cardio.
Thanks for any info!

Replies

• leslievp
    leslievp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what shape you are in and how you feel... if you are not too sore/tired I would say go for it, but remember to eat back the calories for all the exercise. I take 1 day off a week too for rest.

I do Ripped in 30 4x a week and cardo (3 mile run) 3x a week, and about half the week I do them both the same day, but that is after a couple months of building up to that with other gym/cardio work. I definitely feel better on my runs after starting the strength training. It also has affected my appetite, in that I need a real power snack (protein smoothie, omelette eg) between meals on days I do both.

I must say that while my legs, butt and arms are looking better and toned, my abs are not really getting as defined ("ripped") as I'd like. But I am 10 yrs older than you ;) the belly is definitely the last to go. Hopefully it will by summer and my work will show. :)