How often do you weigh yourself?

I would really like to know a H E A L T H Y schedule to weigh yourself. I've seen people say everyday and to me that can be so discouraging. Your weight can change so easily by water retention, building muscle, going the bathroom. It shouldn't become and obsession in my opinion or it becomes very unhealthy....

How often do you weigh yourself and in the meantime how do you track your progress and stay motivated?

:)

Replies

• FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    I weigh myself weekly - Monday morning, before breakfast. The important thing is to get into a routine - doing so weekly allows your body to balance out over the weeks.

Weighing yourself daily offers more insight, but it can be discouraging at the start. So many things affect your day to day loss - water intake, food, exercise, etc.

So I weigh myself weekly and measure myself tri-weekly. Works for me - I actually look forward to the mondays!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    When I first started, it was no more than once a week. I found the daily fluctuations too much to take. Now that I've been fighting for years, I weigh daily. Specifically for the fluctuations! I use it to make sure I have proper hydration, that I didn't eat something I shouldn't have (specifically a reaction to yeast, 3+lbs overnight frequently), and to help me stay on track. If I'm up 0.5 -1 pounds, no problem. Down is even better! LOL! I track the losses, watch the gains. If I stay up for more than a week, I track that too. Usually just bouncing between 2 weights most of the time. Finally starting to see bouncing downward more often than upward now that I've eliminated yeast!
  • Cutekiva
    Cutekiva Posts: 1
    Once a week :) every Sunday morning!! Weighing yourself everyday is extremely discouraging....
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    NEVER EVER EVER
  • onewhodiets
    onewhodiets Posts: 67 Member
    When I first started, it was no more than once a week. I found the daily fluctuations too much to take. Now that I've been fighting for years, I weigh daily. Specifically for the fluctuations! I use it to make sure I have proper hydration, that I didn't eat something I shouldn't have (specifically a reaction to yeast, 3+lbs overnight frequently), and to help me stay on track. If I'm up 0.5 -1 pounds, no problem. Down is even better! LOL! I track the losses, watch the gains. If I stay up for more than a week, I track that too. Usually just bouncing between 2 weights most of the time. Finally starting to see bouncing downward more often than upward now that I've eliminated yeast!
  • onewhodiets
    onewhodiets Posts: 67 Member
    Sorry if this sounds dumb,as I know, technically, what the beasties are, but what do YOU mean by "eliminating yeast"?
  • Sorry if this sounds dumb,as I know, technically, what the beasties are, but what do YOU mean by "eliminating yeast"?

We can start with no Beer. ;) hehe.

Just kidding... that left with my decision to be healthy. :)