Happy Hour... Help!

jenninsocal
jenninsocal Posts: 419
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm going to HH next Friday with some co-workers... any suggestions?

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Miller Genuine Draft Light only has 64 calories for a 12 oz. bottle, or you can get a rum & coke with Diet Coke. Just make sure that you balance each drink with a glass of water so you don't get dehydrated!
  • estherguas
    estherguas Posts: 113 Member
    If I am drinking I will usually stick to white wine..Most wines come in under the 100 calorie mark per glass. This is assuming that you are using the appropriate wine glasses. There are fewer calories in wine than most other alcoholic beverages. White Zinfandel and Sauvignon blanc come in at 80 calories per serving. Considering that one glass of wine per evening is good for cardiovascular health, this can be a reasonable compliment to an evening meal.
    Marsala also weighs in at a mere 80 calories per serving while Chablis is a mild 85 calories. Red Zinfandel as well as the majority of other popular wines, comes in at 90 calories per serving. Riesling, Chardonnay, White Burgundy, and Cabernet Sauvignon all round out at 90 calories per 4 ounce serving. Topping it off with just 5 additional calories you can sip Red Burgundy, Red Bordeaux, Beaujolais, Merlot, Rhone, or Rose.
    But if I wanted to drink something a bit stronger my favorite drink is a dirty, Grey Goose martini with three blue cheese stuffed olives it only has 138 calories.

242545.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • I posted something similar on Friday when I was planning on hanging out with some friends. Lots of people had really great responses, click around I think I posted it as "its Friday night and i'd like a drink" I think I put it in the recipe section. :drinker:
  • bigez57
    bigez57 Posts: 4
    I'd allow myself two drinks for the night - wine's probably best, but whatever. Then get club soda with lime in between the two drinks. You'll get your water in that way.
This discussion has been closed.